As we celebrate Thanksgiving today, it is important that we not forget the less fortunate. That’s why I am encouraging you to check out Madonna‘s upcoming documentary, I Am Because We Are, when it premieres on the Sundance Channel on World AIDS Day, Dec. 1, at 9 p.m. It’s not a celebrity vanity project; it’s a provocative call to action. Written, produced, and narrated by Madonna, who wisely remains unseen for the most part, the film humanizes the plight of AIDS orphans in Malawi, the birthplace of her adopted son, David, where more than one million impoverished kids have lost their parents to the deadly disease. Though I Am contains many disturbing images of death, pain, and suffering that are often difficult to watch, it’s impossible not to be moved by the stories of children whose lives have been marred by such crushing hardships. Here’s a preview clip.
Madonna's new documentary: the EW First Look
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings'? Rick is Aragorn, Carl is Frodo...
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Shameless' season 5 trailer hints at plenty of new twists
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- See the first teaser for the final season of 'Justified'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist