As we celebrate Thanksgiving today, it is important that we not forget the less fortunate. That’s why I am encouraging you to check out Madonna‘s upcoming documentary, I Am Because We Are, when it premieres on the Sundance Channel on World AIDS Day, Dec. 1, at 9 p.m. It’s not a celebrity vanity project; it’s a provocative call to action. Written, produced, and narrated by Madonna, who wisely remains unseen for the most part, the film humanizes the plight of AIDS orphans in Malawi, the birthplace of her adopted son, David, where more than one million impoverished kids have lost their parents to the deadly disease. Though I Am contains many disturbing images of death, pain, and suffering that are often difficult to watch, it’s impossible not to be moved by the stories of children whose lives have been marred by such crushing hardships. Here’s a preview clip.
Madonna's new documentary: the EW First Look
Latest Videos in Music
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Covert Affairs': Chris Gorham on latest for Auggie
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: 'Men Tell All'
- Anthony Hopkins joins HBO's 'Westworld'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!
- 'The Walking Dead': Norman Reedus thought Daryl Dixon was about to be killed off last season