"I will go down as the voice of this generation of this decade." That assertion, allegedly made by Kanye West during a recent interview, provoked faux news pundit Stephen Colbert to declare war on the notoriously vainglorious rapper on last night’s episode of Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report. In addition to calling West a "sunglasses display mannequin," Colbert dissed his vocal style: "With all the Auto-Tuning on your records, you’re barely the voice of your own albums." That’s why, at exactly 5 p.m. today, he urged viewers to purchase his new holiday CD, A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All, from iTunes in an effort to crush West’s famously huge ego by knocking his latest disc, 808s & Heartbreak, from the No. 1 spot on their Top Albums chart. Newsflash: Britney Spears already beat him to it with her new CD, Circus, and I doubt he has the manpower to topple her sales. Still, it’ll be fun to watch his reaction tonight when the numbers are in. Meantime, just in case you missed it, here’s the must-see clip from last night’s show.
Stephen Colbert vs. Kanye West: It's war!
Latest Videos in Music
- Wrestlers in movies: Best/worst performances
- Comic-Con '14: 20 bonus star portraits
- 'Supernatural,' 'Teen Wolf,' 'Mindy,' more fresh TV spoilers
- When A$AP Rocky went to NSFW Kathy's house...
- Meghan Trainor: Meet pop phenom who's 'All About That Bass'
- 'Bachelor In Paradise': Clare Crawley moves on from Juan Pablo
- 'Outlander': Expect a sexy, smart, stirring romance
- 'Once Upon a Time': Let's guess what's up in first 'Frozen' photos
- STAHP in the name of love 976
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 530
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 462
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Comic-Con '14 Star Portraits: Day 3
- Chris Pratt talks end of 'Parks and Recreation': 'I think people are ready for it to be done'
- Comic-Con '14: 20 Bonus Star Portraits