EW has learned that country star Tim McGraw will not be appearing at tonight’s Academy of Country Music Awards as planned. McGraw has not issued a statement, but his publicist confirms that due to a "major disagreement" with the show’s producers McGraw’s management has pulled him from the show. A rep for the ACMs declined to comment, saying only that they look forward to working with him on tomorrow’s George Strait tribute, at which McGraw is still scheduled to perform. Last night two sources who witnessed the incident told EW that McGraw walked out of yesterday’s ACMs rehearsal, possibly over a dispute about his production design.
Exclusive: Tim McGraw pulls out of ACMs over production dispute
Latest Videos in Music
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
Top 5 Most Read
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more