EW has learned that country star Tim McGraw will not be appearing at tonight’s Academy of Country Music Awards as planned. McGraw has not issued a statement, but his publicist confirms that due to a "major disagreement" with the show’s producers McGraw’s management has pulled him from the show. A rep for the ACMs declined to comment, saying only that they look forward to working with him on tomorrow’s George Strait tribute, at which McGraw is still scheduled to perform. Last night two sources who witnessed the incident told EW that McGraw walked out of yesterday’s ACMs rehearsal, possibly over a dispute about his production design.
Exclusive: Tim McGraw pulls out of ACMs over production dispute
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Odds each of 10 suspects is a killer
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder talk 'Vampire Diaries': 'Eerily deceiving and odd' grief
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 503
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 325
- 'Saturday Night Live' premiere recap: This is the start of something new (and odd) 251
Top 5 Most Read
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles