EW has learned that country star Tim McGraw will not be appearing at tonight’s Academy of Country Music Awards as planned. McGraw has not issued a statement, but his publicist confirms that due to a "major disagreement" with the show’s producers McGraw’s management has pulled him from the show. A rep for the ACMs declined to comment, saying only that they look forward to working with him on tomorrow’s George Strait tribute, at which McGraw is still scheduled to perform. Last night two sources who witnessed the incident told EW that McGraw walked out of yesterday’s ACMs rehearsal, possibly over a dispute about his production design.
Exclusive: Tim McGraw pulls out of ACMs over production dispute
Latest Videos in Music
- Peter Capaldi: 'Who,' me? Why he wrote off idea he'd be Time Lord
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight' has a poster
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's live musical
- Sarah Palin inspires 'Stephen Colbert's Angry Echo Chamber'
- 'Walking Dead' cast not tight-lipped about season 5 trailer
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'New Girl' True American drinking game: The day I gave it a shot...
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy
- PopWatch Confessional: I tried to play 'New Girl's fake drinking game