How this under-appreciated French band scored a high-profile slot on SNL is a source of some mystery, but they certainly made the most of the unexpected opportunity. I’ve been obsessively playing an advance of their excellent new album, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (due May 26), over and over in the office, and they totally pulled off the rich-and-tricky pop sound of two album highlights, "Lizstomania" and "1901." Check out the clips below, and if you like what you hear you can buy the studio versions right now on a four-track EP the band just released on iTunes.
Phoenix rises on 'Saturday Night Live'
Latest Videos in Music
- 'American Idol': And the Top 6 are...
- 'Scandal': 10 most shocking twists
- 'Transcendence' at box office?
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 'Girls' season 4 photos: Hmmm... look who's together
- 'Survivor' exit: 'I can't explain anything Tony does'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' First Look: It's 'the Cellist'!
- 'Parks and Rec': Mum's (or is that mom?) the word!