How this under-appreciated French band scored a high-profile slot on SNL is a source of some mystery, but they certainly made the most of the unexpected opportunity. I’ve been obsessively playing an advance of their excellent new album, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (due May 26), over and over in the office, and they totally pulled off the rich-and-tricky pop sound of two album highlights, "Lizstomania" and "1901." Check out the clips below, and if you like what you hear you can buy the studio versions right now on a four-track EP the band just released on iTunes.
Phoenix rises on 'Saturday Night Live'
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings'? Rick is Aragorn, Carl is Frodo...
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Shameless' season 5 trailer hints at plenty of new twists
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- See the first teaser for the final season of 'Justified'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist