So, the LOL connoisseurs over at Videogum have unearthed a clip of an earnest young a cappella group covering the Lonely Island's classic seafaring shanty "I'm on a Boat" in a stairwell. Videogum seems to believe that this activity makes the kids in the clip "nerds." True? Yes, technically, I suppose that translating Andy Samberg raps into collegiate a cappella form is deeply nerdy on several levels. Yet I feel compelled to point out that there is NOTHING about this clip that is not so, so awesome. These nerds know their material. They are hilarious! And besides, isn't the whole point of the Lonely Island's music to be as ridiculously dorky as possible? I thank Videogum for bringing this wonderful clip to my attention, but its creators ought to be celebrated, not mocked. Grab your nautical-themed pashmina afghan and a flute of Santana DVX, take a look below (NSFW language, beware), and let us know if you agree.
'I'm on a Boat' a cappella: Even funnier than the original?
- 'Voice': How about a Judges' Veto?
- 'Victoria's Secret': 12 years of 'Fantasy Bras'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff on Tara haters
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season 6: Who killed, who died
- Golden Globe noms: TV wild cards we'd love to see
- Golden Globes: We predict the movie nominees
- Mayer Hawthorne's 'Reach Out Richard': First Look
- Amy Poehler presents 'Broad City': Sneak peek
Top 5 Most Read
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out
- 'Mary Poppins' star talks 50th anniversary and 'Saving Mr. Banks'
- 'The Voice' recap: Green Eggs and Adam
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Duck Dynasty' Christmas special: See a clip -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO