This just in from the Department of American Idol Blasphemy: Earlier today, I posted a gallery of 28 of the best songs ever recorded by the show’s alumni, and my omission of not just one, but two Idol champs, as well as three Idol runners-up, resulted in the launching of many strongly worded emails and Tweets in my general direction. “You included LaKisha Jones but not **a*a *e*a***?” “How could you leave off *a*ha**ne ***hee?” “Where the heck is **be* S****a**?” some of you demanded to know. And, to my shock, I even managed to offend myself by overlooking season 8’s tragically early evictee Deanna Brown and her bluesy little number “Sometime Ago,” from her recent indie release Traveler. (I’ve tried to make amends by embedding it below.) But hey, that’s how it goes when it comes to the graduates of American Idol U: There are former contestants out there making a whole lotta music, and when a definitive list of some sort or other gets compiled, there are gonna be inadvertent (and, yes, overt) omissions. Click here to check out our randomly ordered playlist, then head on down to the comments section below to tell us which songs and artists you think should’ve made the cut. (Yelling at your humble listmaker is both allowed and encouraged, as long as you follow me on Twitter @EWMichaelSlezak!)
What did we leave off our list of Best Songs by 'American Idol' graduates?
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Parks and Recreation' First Look: It's Treat Yo Self 2017
- 'X-Men' TV series in early discussion stage at Fox
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast, Movies, at SAG Awards; see full list of honorees
- Emma Watson cast as Belle in live-action musical 'Beauty and the Beast'
- David Tennant cast as villain in Netflix's 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Miss Universe 2015: 10 out of this world moments
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Blake Shelton do?
- SAG Awards 2015: Red carpet arrivals