Justin Bieber is the musical guest on Saturday Night Live this week. This you know. This you cannot change. Here are five reasons it might turn out to be okay:
1. The kid can sing. If you’ve been avoiding listening to the music behind the 16-year-old former YouTube sensation/current Twitter trending topic, you should know that he does sing on key live. There should be no cringing. An acoustic performance to prove it…
2. He has a sense of humor. This is important because there’s no way SNL won’t be doing a sketch about him. (Maybe a celebrity charity single in which the others are pissed that he gets to sing the first line?) Below, one of the videos shot for his April Fools’ Day takeover of FunnyorDie.com.
3. You can drink every time he does a hair flip. Katie Couric recently got to the bottom of it.
4. Have you ever considered that you dislike Bieber fans more than the Bieber?
5. You’ve sat though Tim Urban singing “Sweet Love.” A role for Bieber in an American Idol sketch?
More from EW.com’s Music Mix:
Actor Alessandro Nivola: His Music Mix playlist
‘Green Day: Rock Band': We’ve got a preview plus the exclusive 47-song track list!
Malcolm McLaren: His most memorable videos
Rihanna stays at No. 1, Usher’s ‘OMG’ debuts big on Billboard Hot 100