After his disastrous Auto-Tune-gone-wrong debacle the last time he performed on Saturday Night Live, all eyes were on Kanye West for his return appearance last night. I’m happy to report that things went a lot more smoothly this go-round. Both of West’s performances—”Power” and “Runaway”—went off without a hitch, and provided two of the more memorable moments of this week’s show. For both tracks, West appeared on a completely white set. At first, I thought to myself, What, is he too good for the usual Grand Central Terminal backdrop? But I have to say the whitewashed background provided some striking visuals, as did the couple dozen scantily clad women surrounding West, providing an “Addicted to Love”-meets-Caligula vibe. (It also wasn’t surprising that he replaced the already infamous line “F— SNL and the whole cast” with a new verse.) On “Runaway,” West again relied on Auto-Tune, but there was no malfunction this time—just a well-executed rendition of the cool, robotic track. Do you think Kanye redeemed himself after last time? We’ll have clips of the performances when SNL makes them available to help you decide for yourself.
Kanye West on 'SNL': How'd he do?
Latest Videos in Music
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Vampire Diaries' teaser: Let's see how everyone's doing without Damon
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': Watch 5 minutes
- 'The Knick' recap: 'The Busy Flea'
- Emmys: 20 who never won
- Benedict Cumberbatch embraces (clothing optional) Ice Bucket Challenges
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- Elena has a drug problem in 'Vampire Diaries' season 6 promo
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- Kari Byron, Tory Belleci, and Grant Imahara are leaving 'MythBusters' (Updated)