After his disastrous Auto-Tune-gone-wrong debacle the last time he performed on Saturday Night Live, all eyes were on Kanye West for his return appearance last night. I’m happy to report that things went a lot more smoothly this go-round. Both of West’s performances—”Power” and “Runaway”—went off without a hitch, and provided two of the more memorable moments of this week’s show. For both tracks, West appeared on a completely white set. At first, I thought to myself, What, is he too good for the usual Grand Central Terminal backdrop? But I have to say the whitewashed background provided some striking visuals, as did the couple dozen scantily clad women surrounding West, providing an “Addicted to Love”-meets-Caligula vibe. (It also wasn’t surprising that he replaced the already infamous line “F— SNL and the whole cast” with a new verse.) On “Runaway,” West again relied on Auto-Tune, but there was no malfunction this time—just a well-executed rendition of the cool, robotic track. Do you think Kanye redeemed himself after last time? We’ll have clips of the performances when SNL makes them available to help you decide for yourself.
Kanye West on 'SNL': How'd he do?
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Mockingbird: 'She's just a badass'
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...