After his disastrous Auto-Tune-gone-wrong debacle the last time he performed on Saturday Night Live, all eyes were on Kanye West for his return appearance last night. I’m happy to report that things went a lot more smoothly this go-round. Both of West’s performances—”Power” and “Runaway”—went off without a hitch, and provided two of the more memorable moments of this week’s show. For both tracks, West appeared on a completely white set. At first, I thought to myself, What, is he too good for the usual Grand Central Terminal backdrop? But I have to say the whitewashed background provided some striking visuals, as did the couple dozen scantily clad women surrounding West, providing an “Addicted to Love”-meets-Caligula vibe. (It also wasn’t surprising that he replaced the already infamous line “F— SNL and the whole cast” with a new verse.) On “Runaway,” West again relied on Auto-Tune, but there was no malfunction this time—just a well-executed rendition of the cool, robotic track. Do you think Kanye redeemed himself after last time? We’ll have clips of the performances when SNL makes them available to help you decide for yourself.
Kanye West on 'SNL': How'd he do?
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Walking Dead' cast not tight-lipped about season 5 trailer
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'New Girl' True American drinking game: The day I gave it a shot...
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'Scream for Me'
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- 'Leftovers': Why 'Gladys' is the last straw for EW critic
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- PopWatch Confessional: I tried to play 'New Girl's fake drinking game
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy