After his disastrous Auto-Tune-gone-wrong debacle the last time he performed on Saturday Night Live, all eyes were on Kanye West for his return appearance last night. I’m happy to report that things went a lot more smoothly this go-round. Both of West’s performances—”Power” and “Runaway”—went off without a hitch, and provided two of the more memorable moments of this week’s show. For both tracks, West appeared on a completely white set. At first, I thought to myself, What, is he too good for the usual Grand Central Terminal backdrop? But I have to say the whitewashed background provided some striking visuals, as did the couple dozen scantily clad women surrounding West, providing an “Addicted to Love”-meets-Caligula vibe. (It also wasn’t surprising that he replaced the already infamous line “F— SNL and the whole cast” with a new verse.) On “Runaway,” West again relied on Auto-Tune, but there was no malfunction this time—just a well-executed rendition of the cool, robotic track. Do you think Kanye redeemed himself after last time? We’ll have clips of the performances when SNL makes them available to help you decide for yourself.
Kanye West on 'SNL': How'd he do?
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Brick Mansions': EW movie review
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2': Pleased to meet...Electro?
- Bryan Singer statement on abuse claims
- 'Mentalist' being shopped to networks outside CBS
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Parks and Rec': 9 hints about season finale
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday': Master of disguise?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 675
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 523
- The Spy Who Shacked Me 457
- Slaves to Love 507
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 386
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!