After his disastrous Auto-Tune-gone-wrong debacle the last time he performed on Saturday Night Live, all eyes were on Kanye West for his return appearance last night. I’m happy to report that things went a lot more smoothly this go-round. Both of West’s performances—”Power” and “Runaway”—went off without a hitch, and provided two of the more memorable moments of this week’s show. For both tracks, West appeared on a completely white set. At first, I thought to myself, What, is he too good for the usual Grand Central Terminal backdrop? But I have to say the whitewashed background provided some striking visuals, as did the couple dozen scantily clad women surrounding West, providing an “Addicted to Love”-meets-Caligula vibe. (It also wasn’t surprising that he replaced the already infamous line “F— SNL and the whole cast” with a new verse.) On “Runaway,” West again relied on Auto-Tune, but there was no malfunction this time—just a well-executed rendition of the cool, robotic track. Do you think Kanye redeemed himself after last time? We’ll have clips of the performances when SNL makes them available to help you decide for yourself.
Kanye West on 'SNL': How'd he do?
Latest Videos in Music
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Colbert Report' finale singalong: A complete who's who in all-star chorus
- 'Colbert Report' swan song as graceful as it gets
- 'Insurgent' shares new Tris photo, promises sequel will be 'even more action-packed'
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
- 'White Collar': Perfect 'Au Revoir' to our favorite con artist?
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'People' names Kate Upton 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 'White Collar' series finale: The perfect goodbye to our favorite con artist