After his disastrous Auto-Tune-gone-wrong debacle the last time he performed on Saturday Night Live, all eyes were on Kanye West for his return appearance last night. I’m happy to report that things went a lot more smoothly this go-round. Both of West’s performances—”Power” and “Runaway”—went off without a hitch, and provided two of the more memorable moments of this week’s show. For both tracks, West appeared on a completely white set. At first, I thought to myself, What, is he too good for the usual Grand Central Terminal backdrop? But I have to say the whitewashed background provided some striking visuals, as did the couple dozen scantily clad women surrounding West, providing an “Addicted to Love”-meets-Caligula vibe. (It also wasn’t surprising that he replaced the already infamous line “F— SNL and the whole cast” with a new verse.) On “Runaway,” West again relied on Auto-Tune, but there was no malfunction this time—just a well-executed rendition of the cool, robotic track. Do you think Kanye redeemed himself after last time? We’ll have clips of the performances when SNL makes them available to help you decide for yourself.
Kanye West on 'SNL': How'd he do?
Latest Videos in Music
- 'True Detective' finale hits ratings high
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'Raising Hope' canceled by Fox
- 'Bachelor' deleted scene: Juan Pablo's 'ring' of truth
- 'The Raid 2': Poster reveal
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict
- 'RuPaul' First Look: Lena Headey and the queens
- 'Game of Thrones': 'answer injustice...with justice'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'The Walking Dead' recap: All Tracks Lead to Terminus