Taylor Swift went back to basics for her American Music Awards performance of “Back to December” — at first. Sitting at a piano, Swift brought vocals a tad somber for the Christmas-y set — but the singer stood up in the song’s final moments and switched gears, performing a brief cover of OneRepublic’s “Apologize.” I’ll leave whether or not her vocals were on point to you, Music Mixers, but, surely, many will also be wondering: Who was Swift singing to? (Please don’t tell me we’re about to open up this whole Kanye thing up again.) And more importantly: Straight or curly?
AMAs: Taylor Swift covers OneRepublic. Who was she singing to?
Latest Videos in Music
- Angelina Jolie and Jack O'Connell are 'Unbroken': See new EW cover
- Broadway star Tavi Gevinson picks her fave books; we pick her brain on creativity in 'Lightbulb' clip
- AMAs 2014 ratings big, but down from '13
- 'Constantine' production halted by NBC
- 'Pan' First Look: Hugh Jackman as villain pirate...but don't call him Hook
- American Music Awards '14: We grade the performances
- American Music Awards 2014 style: What the stars wore
- American Music Awards 2014: 'Booty' gets buzz for J.Lo and Iggy