Bad news for South Africa and Australia’s alt-rock fans: A spokesperson for Kings of Leon confirms to MTV that the band is postponing tour dates in those two countries. The culprit? Drummer Nathan Followill’s recent surgery for a torn bicep. At least Followill isn’t too hurt to tweet; he’s been using the microblogging site to chronicle his injury and subsequent recovery since mid-January. Followill also recently took to Twitter to lash out at Ryan Murphy, after the Glee creator lobbed an f-bomb at Kings of Leon. (The drummer’s disparaging remark — “Dear Ryan Murphy, let it go. See a therapist, get a manicure, buy a new bra. Zip your lip and focus on educating 7yr olds how to say f—” — has since been deleted from his Twitter page.)
Jan 31 2011 12:52 PM ET
Kings of Leon postpones tour dates, drummer undergoes surgery
- 'Dancing With the Stars' champs are...
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale
- Microsoft debuts next-gen Xbox One