Sadly, Prince fans weren’t able to party like it’s 1999 this weekend: A pre-Super Bowl concert headlined by the musician was canceled just hours before ticket-buyers were set to pack the theater. According to the Associated Press, the concert — which was to be held Friday at TheEvent to benefit arts group The Goss-Michael Foundation — was halted for unknown reasons. First, The Goss-Michael foundation blamed the organizer for its cancellation in a statement early Friday (“It is our understanding that River Alexander Group, the event organizer, was unable to fund and produce the evening,” it said in a statement), then retracted their comments, insisting that Price had arrived in Dallas and that the show would go on. Prince, however, reportedly did not receive transportation to the event from the show’s organizers, and he was unable to get to the venue. Tickets cost upwards of $1,500; though ticket-holders will be reimbursed, Chris Arnold, the emcee and organizer of the event, told the AP: “I just want to let everybody know that I am truly sorry.”
Prince's pre-Super Bowl concert halted last-minute
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Happy Valley' trailer: Documentary on Penn State scandal asks difficult Q's
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'