Sadly, Prince fans weren’t able to party like it’s 1999 this weekend: A pre-Super Bowl concert headlined by the musician was canceled just hours before ticket-buyers were set to pack the theater. According to the Associated Press, the concert — which was to be held Friday at TheEvent to benefit arts group The Goss-Michael Foundation — was halted for unknown reasons. First, The Goss-Michael foundation blamed the organizer for its cancellation in a statement early Friday (“It is our understanding that River Alexander Group, the event organizer, was unable to fund and produce the evening,” it said in a statement), then retracted their comments, insisting that Price had arrived in Dallas and that the show would go on. Prince, however, reportedly did not receive transportation to the event from the show’s organizers, and he was unable to get to the venue. Tickets cost upwards of $1,500; though ticket-holders will be reimbursed, Chris Arnold, the emcee and organizer of the event, told the AP: “I just want to let everybody know that I am truly sorry.”
Prince's pre-Super Bowl concert halted last-minute
- 'August: Osage County': First Look at new trailer
- Patton Oswalt vs. Lean Cuisine: Get a taste!
- 'HitRECord on TV' trailer: First Look
- Benedict Cumberbatch + R. Kelly: Late-night 'Genius'
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: Meet the villains
- Kanye = Liberace?: Aisha Tyler's late-night bite
- Ryan Murphy 'AHS: Coven' reveal: More Stevie Nicks!
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
Top 5 Most Read
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE