What does the “O” stand for? Good question — MTV is purposefully leaving that up for interpretation. Here’s what we do know: The inaugural O Music Awards will take place April 28. Their purpose is to “honor the migration of music to the digital space, and celebrate the art, artistry, and technology of digital music” through an nontraditional awards show that will be heavily interactive, incorporating television, social media, and mobile technology. The network will soon announce a hub for the show, as well as what its categories will be; Billboard speculates that they may include “things like best app and best Kanye West tweet.”
MTV launching digital music awards show called the 'OMAs'
- 'Sound of Music': We rank every song
- Carrie Underwood talks 'Sound of Music'
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- 5 fall TV shows finding their groove
- TV midseason calendar: When hiatus begins/ends
- 'Project Runway All Stars' meet 'The Simpsons'
- 'August: Osage County': First Look at new trailer
- Patton Oswalt vs. Lean Cuisine: Get a taste!
Top 5 Most Read
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE