What does the “O” stand for? Good question — MTV is purposefully leaving that up for interpretation. Here’s what we do know: The inaugural O Music Awards will take place April 28. Their purpose is to “honor the migration of music to the digital space, and celebrate the art, artistry, and technology of digital music” through an nontraditional awards show that will be heavily interactive, incorporating television, social media, and mobile technology. The network will soon announce a hub for the show, as well as what its categories will be; Billboard speculates that they may include “things like best app and best Kanye West tweet.”
MTV launching digital music awards show called the 'OMAs'
Latest Videos in Music
- 'SNL' recap: Blake brings a country twang, but too often the sketches go south
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests
- Johnny Depp after 'Mortdecai'? 5 directors we think can help him find his mojo
- WWE Royal Rumbles: Ranking the worst, best, and the G.O.A.T.
- 'Westworld' team on what their secretive show is about: 'the things that keep you up at night'
- SAG Awards 2014 flashback: Remember what the stars wore last year?
- SAG Awards 2014 flashback: How we ranked last year's speeches
- Bill Maher on why 'American Sniper' is a blockbuster while 'Hurt Locker' was not
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Westworld' producers hint HBO's drama has great, freaky potential
- 'SNL': 10 Best (and 5 Worst) Host/Musical Guests
- Blake Shelton takes over 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- 'Big Bang Theory' star's gymnastic sex scene scores a '10' at Sundance
- Bill Maher calls 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle 'a psychopath patriot'