Break out the eyeliner and your battered Siouxsie and the Banshees vinyl, because MTV’s two-hour tribute to all things angsty and indie is coming back both onscreen and online — with beloved host Matt Pinfield attached! Original episodes of 120 Minutes will begin airing monthly on MTV2 later this year, and starting March 18, fans of alt-rock can check out a weekly web show, 120 Seconds, on mtvhive.com. I’ve gotta tell you, folks, this announcement pushes all my nostalgia buttons — I can’t count how many hours of my youth were spent holed up in the rec room in the wee hours of the morning brooding and writing terrible poetry about my adolescent pain while steeping in the fabulous mope rock sounds of New Order, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and The Smiths. If you’re as excited about the 120 Minutes revival as I am, celebrate with a little “This Charming Man” after the jump.
Mar 17 2011 12:07 PM ET
MTV brings back '120 Minutes' -- my inner Goth is weeping tears of joy
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!