The ringleader on tour, and Cobain’s best friend outside of his band, was Tad frontman Tad Doyle (seen here in the striped shirt). “Tad never achieved much fame or notoriety in mainstream culture,” says Pavitt. “But that guy commanded the room everywhere we went. He had the physical presence, and he had an amazing sense of humor, and he would just light up a room. Kurt was shy, but he always felt better when he walked into a room with his massive buddy. I would say Tad Doyle was the unwritten hero of that era. It’s sad that so few people actually know of his history. I’m hoping this book recalibrates history a bit.”
'Experiencing Nirvana': Check out never-before-seen photos of Kurt Cobain on Nirvana's first tour of Europe - EXCLUSIVE
(Page 4 of 5)
Latest Videos in Music
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday
- 'Scandal' recap: 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'