Saturday Night Live star Vanessa Bayer already has a talk show, the web series Sound Advice where she gives hilariously bad advice to successful musicians. But in Haim’s latest music video for “My Song 5,” she has a whole new talk show: This one is Jerry Springer-style, featuring guests ranging from the cat-obsessed Kesha to the cotton ball-phobic Artemis Pebdani.
Tag: A$AP Ferg (1-2 of 2)
“My Song 5″ is one of the more surprising moments on Haim’s breakout album Days Are Gone, interrupting a collection of clean-lined songs with an eccentrically gangly mishmash of angular melody, hard-rock drums, and a blatting, cartoony parody of a dubstep bass synth. The trio has doubled down on the song’s weirdness by releasing a new version with a verse from rapper A$AP Ferg, of “Shabba” fame.
Ferg’s verse is way raunchier than the original lyrics, but they continue the theme of confusion and garbled communication between romantic partners, and his raps work well with the song’s big-ass drums. Haim and Ferg are both coming off of highly successful records, and are well positioned to doing whatever they want next. They should consider messing with people’s heads and making a whole album together.
Latest Videos in Music
- 'SNL': How'd Jim Carrey do?
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV