Saturday Night Live star Vanessa Bayer already has a talk show, the web series Sound Advice where she gives hilariously bad advice to successful musicians. But in Haim’s latest music video for “My Song 5,” she has a whole new talk show: This one is Jerry Springer-style, featuring guests ranging from the cat-obsessed Kesha to the cotton ball-phobic Artemis Pebdani.
Tag: A$AP Ferg (1-2 of 2)
“My Song 5″ is one of the more surprising moments on Haim’s breakout album Days Are Gone, interrupting a collection of clean-lined songs with an eccentrically gangly mishmash of angular melody, hard-rock drums, and a blatting, cartoony parody of a dubstep bass synth. The trio has doubled down on the song’s weirdness by releasing a new version with a verse from rapper A$AP Ferg, of “Shabba” fame.
Ferg’s verse is way raunchier than the original lyrics, but they continue the theme of confusion and garbled communication between romantic partners, and his raps work well with the song’s big-ass drums. Haim and Ferg are both coming off of highly successful records, and are well positioned to doing whatever they want next. They should consider messing with people’s heads and making a whole album together.
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales show surprising surge
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer takes some cues from 'Interstellar'
- Larry Wilmore on 'Sniper': 'theater of war is very different than watching a film about war in a theater'
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' recap: 'It's Like a Booze Cruise With Knowledge'
- 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'State of Affairs'; more TV recaps
- 'Life Itself': Nominated for...nothing?
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?