Well, this might not be the Channel Orange followup we’ve been waiting for. On Friday, burrito emporium Chipotle sued Frank Ocean for backing out on a deal to deliver a song for an advertising campaign. The suit alleges that Chipotle paid Ocean $212,500 to record a new version of “Pure Imagination,” the song made famous in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, for an ad benefiting the restaurant chain’s sustainable farming program. (Several artists, including Willie Nelson, have contributed to the program in the past.) The track was due back in August, but on the day that Ocean was supposed to deliver the tune, he told Chipotle he would not be delivering. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Advertising (1-3 of 3)
Most people don’t want to watch commercials — there are whole technologies devoted to the pursuit of ad-free television consumption.
So how did a Wells Fargo cad with no celebrities, CGI, or nerds making out with models rack up almost two million views on Youtube? READ FULL STORY
Looks like the Boss has been fired.
In the wake of the controversy surrounding his date-rape-endorsing lyrics on the track “U.O.E.N.O.,” Reebok has acquiesced to the multiple women’s groups who called for Ross’ ouster as an endorser of its shoes.
In a statement made to TMZ, the shoe company said, “Reebok holds our partners to a high standard, and we expect them to live up to the values of our brand. Unfortunately, Rick Ross has failed to do so. While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- Batman Day: 'character always open to interpretation'
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Jon Stewart: 'Let's Buy CNN' -- with incentives
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Season 4 'one of the strongest'
- Robert Kirkman talks 'AIR,' Norman Reedus' role in it
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Get On Up': It's Chadwick Boseman's world
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- See Carol, Judith, and Rick of 'The Walking Dead' in new season 5 images