Well, this might not be the Channel Orange followup we’ve been waiting for. On Friday, burrito emporium Chipotle sued Frank Ocean for backing out on a deal to deliver a song for an advertising campaign. The suit alleges that Chipotle paid Ocean $212,500 to record a new version of “Pure Imagination,” the song made famous in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, for an ad benefiting the restaurant chain’s sustainable farming program. (Several artists, including Willie Nelson, have contributed to the program in the past.) The track was due back in August, but on the day that Ocean was supposed to deliver the tune, he told Chipotle he would not be delivering. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Advertising (1-3 of 3)
Most people don’t want to watch commercials — there are whole technologies devoted to the pursuit of ad-free television consumption.
So how did a Wells Fargo cad with no celebrities, CGI, or nerds making out with models rack up almost two million views on Youtube? READ FULL STORY
Looks like the Boss has been fired.
In the wake of the controversy surrounding his date-rape-endorsing lyrics on the track “U.O.E.N.O.,” Reebok has acquiesced to the multiple women’s groups who called for Ross’ ouster as an endorser of its shoes.
In a statement made to TMZ, the shoe company said, “Reebok holds our partners to a high standard, and we expect them to live up to the values of our brand. Unfortunately, Rick Ross has failed to do so. While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- Caleb talks 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'Disney Infinity 2.0': Marvel at the expanded possibilities now in play
- Oscar buzz: Sizing up the contenders after Toronto
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
- 'Key and Peele' see alien invaders' true colors in season 4 sneak peek
- 'Grey's' is the new 'Orange': Ellen Pompeo and Co. share fun photo
- Danai Gurira talks 'Walking Dead': 'The Michonne wig transforms me'