If you live, oh, anywhere on earth right now, you’re aware that Hurricane Sandy devastated the eastern seaboard last week. Subways aren’t running in Manhattan, New Jersey beach boardwalks were all but carried out to sea, Mayor Bloomberg canceled the New York City Marathon — yeah, it’s pretty bad. But we lowly denizens of the East Coast aren’t the only ones who suffered – musicians also felt the wrath of the Frankenstorm. Some, like Donnie Wahlberg, Rosanne Cash, and The Antlers, tweeted their woes mid-hurricane. Aimee Mann, on the other hand, sang about it.
Tag: Aimee Mann (1-2 of 2)
When Aimee Mann and Jon Hamm get together, they make some sweet, sweet funnies.
For the video for her new single “Labrador,” Mann — who made an excellent cameo as a cleaning lady on the first season of Portlandia – dropped an impressive remake of her vintage Til Tuesday clip for “Voices Carry.”
Mann’s update of her own ’80s hit stars the handsome Hamm as a mustachio’d version of the clip’s actual writer-director, Tom Scharpling, who hosts WFMU’s Best Show as a day job.
Got all that? There’s more: comedian-musician Jon Wurster, of Superchunk and the Mountain Goats, also has a starring role; he plays Denny Rock, a (fake) actor who plays the male lead in the Mann video-within-the-video.
Okay, enough with the LSAT logic games. Take a look at the clip for yourself below:
Latest Videos in Music
- 'SNL' preview: Third time's the charm for Jim Carrey?
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending