If you live, oh, anywhere on earth right now, you’re aware that Hurricane Sandy devastated the eastern seaboard last week. Subways aren’t running in Manhattan, New Jersey beach boardwalks were all but carried out to sea, Mayor Bloomberg canceled the New York City Marathon — yeah, it’s pretty bad. But we lowly denizens of the East Coast aren’t the only ones who suffered – musicians also felt the wrath of the Frankenstorm. Some, like Donnie Wahlberg, Rosanne Cash, and The Antlers, tweeted their woes mid-hurricane. Aimee Mann, on the other hand, sang about it.
Tag: Aimee Mann (1-2 of 2)
When Aimee Mann and Jon Hamm get together, they make some sweet, sweet funnies.
For the video for her new single “Labrador,” Mann — who made an excellent cameo as a cleaning lady on the first season of Portlandia – dropped an impressive remake of her vintage Til Tuesday clip for “Voices Carry.”
Mann’s update of her own ’80s hit stars the handsome Hamm as a mustachio’d version of the clip’s actual writer-director, Tom Scharpling, who hosts WFMU’s Best Show as a day job.
Got all that? There’s more: comedian-musician Jon Wurster, of Superchunk and the Mountain Goats, also has a starring role; he plays Denny Rock, a (fake) actor who plays the male lead in the Mann video-within-the-video.
Okay, enough with the LSAT logic games. Take a look at the clip for yourself below:
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- 'Top Model' First Look: Pretty and twisted
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- TV recaps: 'Project Runway,' 'Big Brother'
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-5
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- STAHP in the name of love 967
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 478
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe 'Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- 'Big Brother' recap: Tell me about the rabbits, Caleb