If you live, oh, anywhere on earth right now, you’re aware that Hurricane Sandy devastated the eastern seaboard last week. Subways aren’t running in Manhattan, New Jersey beach boardwalks were all but carried out to sea, Mayor Bloomberg canceled the New York City Marathon — yeah, it’s pretty bad. But we lowly denizens of the East Coast aren’t the only ones who suffered – musicians also felt the wrath of the Frankenstorm. Some, like Donnie Wahlberg, Rosanne Cash, and The Antlers, tweeted their woes mid-hurricane. Aimee Mann, on the other hand, sang about it.
Tag: Aimee Mann (1-2 of 2)
When Aimee Mann and Jon Hamm get together, they make some sweet, sweet funnies.
For the video for her new single “Labrador,” Mann — who made an excellent cameo as a cleaning lady on the first season of Portlandia – dropped an impressive remake of her vintage Til Tuesday clip for “Voices Carry.”
Mann’s update of her own ’80s hit stars the handsome Hamm as a mustachio’d version of the clip’s actual writer-director, Tom Scharpling, who hosts WFMU’s Best Show as a day job.
Got all that? There’s more: comedian-musician Jon Wurster, of Superchunk and the Mountain Goats, also has a starring role; he plays Denny Rock, a (fake) actor who plays the male lead in the Mann video-within-the-video.
Okay, enough with the LSAT logic games. Take a look at the clip for yourself below:
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany 'high octane' promise
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…