L.A. blues-rockers Vintage Trouble won Ryan Seacrest’s Indie Song of Summer, the most coveted prize in all of music. Okay, maybe not, but’s its still a nifty honor (he’s a man of power, after all) and the band’s aiming to keep it going with the video for their song “Jezzebella” — which you can watch exclusively here:
Tag: An EW Exclusive! (51-60 of 492)
It’ll be another week until you can get your grubby hands on the Heavenly Beat album, but until then, you can stream the whole thing exclusively here.
Prominence showcases the Brooklyn-based former Beach Fossils bassist’s (né John Pena) penchant for blissed-out songcraft and one-worded titles. Which one’s your favorite: “Honest”? “Complete”? Perhaps “Thin”?
Give them all a spin below to find out:
Americana mainstays The Avett Brothers are gearing up for the release of their eighth full-length album Magpie and the Dandelion, which will arrive in stores on Oct. 15 — just one year after their critically acclaimed disc The Carpenter reached No. 4 on the Billboard 200.
Today, the band is premiering the music video for “Another is Waiting,” the rollicking first single from their new collection, right here on EW. Scott Avett co-directed the clip, which follows a fresh-faced young lady’s journey through a high-pressure modeling world where the beauties are all, in fact, skeletal.
It’s a commentary, of course, on the dangers of the chew-you-up-spit-you-out entertainment business (Notice the sign at the entrance of the modeling agency: “Pricuf Aim” = “Price of fame”), and it finds the banjo-plucking boys warning the girl, “You got to get yourself off that conveyor belt.”
Does she heed their advice? Find out in the video below. (FYI, this clip may not work on some mobile devices.) READ FULL STORY
The Staten Island-bred singer-songwriter has already found love — and half a million pageviews — with her take on Rihanna wrecked romance anthem; it’s one of the songs on her all-covers EP with her side project Army of 3, featuring producer Chris Kuffner and director Dylan Steinber. (She’s working on a regular studio album too, due out this winter.)
“I love pop music but I wanted cover these songs in a different way, with a unique arrangement,” says Michaelson. “I chose songs that are ‘of the moment’ because I love being able to capture something at its height and put my own little twist on it. When people started asking how they could get the recordings we decided to make a few more and put them out.”
Also on the EP, out today: their version of Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know,” Maroon 5′s “Love Somebody,” and an un-gender-bent take on Bruno Mars’ “When I Was Your Man,” which you can hear exclusively here: READ FULL STORY
You might know Lissie because you love lady singer-songwriters. Or you might know her from her cover of Kid Cudi’s “Pursuit of Happiness,” which in turn went on to become the sample at the heart of Schoolboy Q’s “Hands on the Wheel.”
Soon you’ll also know her from Back to Forever, her upcoming second album due Oct. 8. Listen to the new track “Can’t Take It Back” below, exclusively on EW.com:
No better way to start the day than with a remix, right?
Right: The new single “Games” from rising Munich-based indie quintet Claire has been given the treatment by Passion Pit, and you can hear it exclusively here.
The group has already played shows with Chrvches and Bastille overseas, and are scheduled to make their U.S. debut in New York next month; get a jump on their sound below:
Latest Videos in Music
- Wu-Tang: RZA on Raekwon's 'strike'
- William Hurt exits 'Midnight Rider'
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- 'Reign': Watch Bash's first sex scene
- Moon Taxi whisks us to 'Morocco' in new video
- Laura Prepon on 'Orange': 'Alex fits me like a glove'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 607
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 486
- Slaves to Love 460
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 507
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO