Tag: Ariana Grande (1-10 of 17)
If you’ve ever wanted to watch a combination of Britney Spears’ “Oops!… I Did It Again,” Star Wars, Gravity, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Transformers, Ariana Grande just made your wish come true: Her music video for “Break Free” is all that and more, with the “more” being missiles jetting out of her boobs.
READ FULL STORY
If you notice your computer or smartphone running hot recently, it may be because the internet is currently on fire after the release of “Bang Bang,” an en fuego team-up between Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, and British pop star Jessie J. Written and produced by much of the creative team behind Grande’s “Problem,” including Swedish pop warlock Max Martin, “Bang Bang” is a floor-shaking pileup of soulful horn stabs and detuned kick drums. It sounds like the hyperactive love child of Amy Winehouse and DJ Mustard with a three-way battle between the vocalists to see who can go the hardest. It’s tempting to call the contest for Nicki just on general principle—bonus points for her “Queen Nicki dominant, prominent” line—but Grande’s performance, which feels like she’s determined to jump through your headphones and physically tackle your eardrums, offers some serious competition. READ FULL STORY
Ariana Grande announced Wednesday during her TRL throwback special Total Ariana Live that she’ll perform her new single “Break Free” at the MTV Video Music Awards on Aug. 24.
“Break Free” will be the second single from her upcoming sophomore album, My Everything, which arrives the day after the VMAs, on Aug. 25. The project has already gotten a huge boost from Grande’s biggest hit to date, the Iggy Azalea-featuring track “Problem.”
It’s still early in the season, but right now it looks the battle for the official song of the summer is being fought (and won) by a single woman.
On this week’s Billboard Hot 100, Iggy Azalea’s “Fancy” has landed number one, knocking John Legend’s “All of Me” from the top spot and passing Ariana Grande’s “Problem” in the process.
Of course, Azalea is also a featured guest on “Problem,” and with that song at number two this week, Azalea has pulled off something pretty remarkable: READ FULL STORY
After moving 438,000 downloads in its first week (the fourth-best-selling debut ever for a female artist), Ariana Grande’s “Problem” is now officially a contender for the 2014 song-of-summer title.
But the 20-year-old pop star originally didn’t think the swagger-fueled jam would be a single. “It was so different from me,” says Grande, who had her breakout hit last year with ’90s throwback “The Way,” featuring rapper Mac Miller, and was best known before that for her roles on the Nickelodeon series Victorious and Sam & Cat. She decided to go with the Max Martin-produced track after getting some advice from her friend Big Sean. READ FULL STORY
Ariana Grande’s 2013 debut album Yours Truly was a frustrating one — she clearly has the chops to make waves in the pop world, but it was deeply unclear who she really was as an artist. Perhaps she’s doing some soul-searching, because her new single “Problem,” which just dropped today, is a dramatic reinvention.
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- Billy Crystal to honor Robin Williams at Emmys
- 'Utopia': Meet the cast of new reality series
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- Lindsay Lohan selfie with Tina Fey teases EW's fall 'Mean Girls' reunion
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': Telling Louis Zamperini's story 'a giant responsibility'
- Pierce Brosnan's got game? 007 vs. Jimmy Fallon in a round of 'Goldeneye'
- 'Wahlburgers'...or glimpse at real-life 'Entourage'? First Look
Top 5 Most Read
- Stephanie Jacobsen joins 'NCIS'... as a love interest for DiNozzo?
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute
- 'Sons of Anarchy' gets official book -- and series finale air date
- Love it or loathe it? EW debates Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off'