EW’s Music Mix is searching for the Greatest Guilty Pleasure Musical Act of All Time. With 16 seeded contestants remaining (see all the matchups), this tournament is continuing to change hearts, minds, and lives, as well as make some people remarkably agitated! Read/listen to the following, and then cast your vote in the poll after the jump; reader comments will be used from here on out, so we encourage you to also post a comment explaining why you chose the way you did. Note: In case of a tie, please select the artist you feel more ashamed to adore. Also note: Yes, the bracket was rearranged to be in proper bracketing order. Thank you.
Tag: Backstreet Boys (21-23 of 23)
I have to tell you, Music Mixers, I am loathe to post this new clip from the Backstreet Boys.
And not for the reasons you think — I’m not at all averse to wanting it that way; Lou Pearlman‘s Orlando pop factory produced some fantastic stuff. But this “comeback” below is giving me a major case of the sads.
First of all, they all look like uncomfortable dads who got dragged to an all-you-can-grab sale at Wilsons Leather. Second, they seem to be making a semi-desperate play for the current vampire saturation in pop culture (also, major shades of the opening club scene in Blade), what with the fangy teeths, red eyes, and Day Walker lore. And third — I don’t know, but their hearts just don’t seem in it.
So yeah, I’m not sure the transition to Backstreet Men is quite a graceful one. But you tell me, readers — especially all you who came out to represent the Boys in our Guilty Pleasures poll –is this the Backstreet evolution you hoped for?
EW’s Music Mix is searching for the Greatest Guilty Pleasure Musical Act of All Time. With 32 seeded contestants (see all the matchups), this tournament is sure to change hearts, minds, and lives for weeks to come. Read/listen to the following, and then cast your vote in the poll after the jump; reader comments will be used in subsequent rounds, so we encourage you to also post a comment explaining why you chose the way you did. Note: In case of a tie, please select the artist you feel more ashamed to adore. Thank you.
Latest Videos in Music
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'