EW‘s end of year lists are a group effort, the product of several rounds of nominations, negotiations, arguments, and compromises. While there were a lot of passionate appeals made on behalf of our favorite albums and songs of 2014 when we were assembling our official list, not every one of our jams made the final cut. Presented here are our music staff’s personal favorite albums and songs that were left off.
Tag: Burial (1-2 of 2)
Thank the internet gods, because listening to Skrillex’s new EP won’t cost you a dime.
Yesterday, the crown prince of arena-sized wobble posted his Leaving EP straight to YouTube. Only this time, fans of those cavernous drops may be a bit disappointed. Leaving is largely an exercise in dubstep purism, dank and subterranean instead of ferociously aggro (think Burial, not “Bangarang“). Who knew the kid could be so restrained?
Check out the EP after the jump.
Latest Videos in Music
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- David Schwimmer to play Robert Kardashian in Ryan Murphy's O.J. Simpson miniseries
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Colbert Report' finale singalong: A complete who's who in all-star chorus
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 19 TV Shows We'll Be Checking Out in 2015