Chan Marshall, known by her stage name Cat Power, announced on her Instagram that she has postponed her European tour due to illness. The singer-songwriter suffers from angioedema, a condition that causes rapid swelling of body tissue, and a series of recent attacks have left her unable to continue performing for the time being.
Tag: Cat Power (1-3 of 3)
One of indie rock’s most obsessed-over songwriters is back, and she has brought her travel journal with her.
Chan Marshall, known to the world as Cat Power, will be dropping a new album, Sun, on September 4. It’s her first full-length outing since 2008′s Jukebox and first batch of original material since 2006′s lauded The Greatest.
According to her label, Matador Records, Marshall recorded these songs all over the world, including at a studio she built in Malibu, California — and “Ruin,” the album’s first single, has a definite breezy ’70s SoCal quality to it.
Give “Ruin” a spin below. READ FULL STORY »
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- 'DWTS': Moment of silence for Oklahoma
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- John Barrowman: 'Sing Your Face Off' host
- 'Mike & Molly' tornado episode pulled
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- 'SNL': A 'Lovely Day' ends an era
- Taylor Swift: About that unicorn tee...