Chan Marshall, known by her stage name Cat Power, announced on her Instagram that she has postponed her European tour due to illness. The singer-songwriter suffers from angioedema, a condition that causes rapid swelling of body tissue, and a series of recent attacks have left her unable to continue performing for the time being.
Tag: Cat Power (1-3 of 3)
One of indie rock’s most obsessed-over songwriters is back, and she has brought her travel journal with her.
Chan Marshall, known to the world as Cat Power, will be dropping a new album, Sun, on September 4. It’s her first full-length outing since 2008′s Jukebox and first batch of original material since 2006′s lauded The Greatest.
According to her label, Matador Records, Marshall recorded these songs all over the world, including at a studio she built in Malibu, California — and “Ruin,” the album’s first single, has a definite breezy ’70s SoCal quality to it.
Give “Ruin” a spin below. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan on Maggie and Glenn
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Box office update: '300: Rise of an Empire' obliterates competition with a $17.7 million Friday