In a more than 30-year career, Whitney Houston never released an official live album of her work. But now, close to three years after the singer’s death, producer Clive Davis has announced Houston’s first live album will be released later this year.
Tag: Clive Davis (1-4 of 4)
The cold war of words between longtime music mogul Clive Davis and pop star (and former Davis charge) Kelly Clarkson got a new chapter yesterday.
To recap: In his new autobiography The Soundtrack of My Life, Davis told a handful of stories about the former American Idol champ, which included her weeping during a meeting and not wanting to release smash hits “Since U Been Gone” and “Behind These Hazel Eyes.”
Clarkson responded yesterday with an open letter to her fans, noting that Davis’ “stories and songs are mixed up.” She also said that the only time she ever cried in front of Davis was when he told her he hated the song “Because of You.” READ FULL STORY
Once again, Kelly Clarkson would like to say something to Clive Davis: “Growing up is awesome because you learn you don’t have to cower to anyone — even Clive Davis.”
In it, the record executive discusses his tumultuous working relationship with the Idol winner, which began immediately after her victory. He says things like, “Kelly obviously is very talented and has a big, powerful voice,” and that he helped delay the release of From Justin to Kelly in order to help her debut release, Thankful.
But he also claims that Clarkson hated “Since U Been Gone” and “Behind These Hazel Eyes” and “really” wanted both songs off her album.
(The “very tough conversation” was further delayed “when Kelly burst into hysterical sobbing,” Davis writes. “We all just sat there as she cried for several minutes.”) READ FULL STORY
A year after Whitney Houston’s death, music executive Clive Davis remembered her in words — and video.
Houston died last year just hours before the annual Clive Davis Gala was to start. On Saturday, Davis said his world continues “to be so shattered by her passing” and that Houston’s death still feels “unreal.”
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Gotham recap: 'Selina Kyle'
- 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more recaps
- 'Castle' season premiere: Your take on 'Driven'?
- 'Castle' boss tips us off to 5 things to look for this season
- 'SNL': Bill Hader on chat with Lorne Michaels about Pete Davidson ('By the way, do you want to host?')
- '24: Live Another Day' Blu-ray/DVD shows us Tony Almeida in 'Solitary': First Look
- Emily Kinney talks 'Walking Dead': Daryl and Beth connected (but don't call them Deth)
- 'Family Guy' does the Bartman--and maybe 'South Park' still wins
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl
- 'Castle' boss: Season 7 will reveal more of why Castle is the way he is
- Bill Hader discusses 'SNL' newbie Pete Davidson, his own hosting debut
- Tony Almeida wants out of solitary in new '24' Blu-ray feature
- New 'Gotham' trailer previews entire season, introduces Victor Zsasz