In a more than 30-year career, Whitney Houston never released an official live album of her work. But now, close to three years after the singer’s death, producer Clive Davis has announced Houston’s first live album will be released later this year.
Tag: Clive Davis (1-4 of 4)
The cold war of words between longtime music mogul Clive Davis and pop star (and former Davis charge) Kelly Clarkson got a new chapter yesterday.
To recap: In his new autobiography The Soundtrack of My Life, Davis told a handful of stories about the former American Idol champ, which included her weeping during a meeting and not wanting to release smash hits “Since U Been Gone” and “Behind These Hazel Eyes.”
Clarkson responded yesterday with an open letter to her fans, noting that Davis’ “stories and songs are mixed up.” She also said that the only time she ever cried in front of Davis was when he told her he hated the song “Because of You.” READ FULL STORY
Once again, Kelly Clarkson would like to say something to Clive Davis: “Growing up is awesome because you learn you don’t have to cower to anyone — even Clive Davis.”
In it, the record executive discusses his tumultuous working relationship with the Idol winner, which began immediately after her victory. He says things like, “Kelly obviously is very talented and has a big, powerful voice,” and that he helped delay the release of From Justin to Kelly in order to help her debut release, Thankful.
But he also claims that Clarkson hated “Since U Been Gone” and “Behind These Hazel Eyes” and “really” wanted both songs off her album.
(The “very tough conversation” was further delayed “when Kelly burst into hysterical sobbing,” Davis writes. “We all just sat there as she cried for several minutes.”) READ FULL STORY
A year after Whitney Houston’s death, music executive Clive Davis remembered her in words — and video.
Houston died last year just hours before the annual Clive Davis Gala was to start. On Saturday, Davis said his world continues “to be so shattered by her passing” and that Houston’s death still feels “unreal.”
Latest Videos in Music
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Amy Adams and One Direction
- Craig Ferguson signs off 'Late Late Show' with an all-star 'Drum' corps--and a dream
- 20 top Xmas movies ever
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 great gift ideas
- 'Big Bang Theory': 15 solutions if you're shopping for a fan
- 'Mad Men': 20 gift ideas for dapper Dons (or Bettys)
- 'Girls' fans (and their guys) will love these 13 gift ideas
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
Top 5 Most Read
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever