Mike D and Ad-Rock of the Beastie Boys got (almost) everything they asked for: The two surviving members of the trio asked for up to $2.5 million in damages, and won $1.7 million in a copyright violation case against Monster Energy beverages.
Tag: Courts (1-4 of 4)
UPDATE (Jan. 29, 2014): Prince drops lawsuit after online videos are removed
ORIGINAL POST: Prince, that well-documented hater of the internet, is at it again.
The legendary Minnesota luddite’s latest volley against the ones-and-zeroes comes in the form of a lawsuit filed against a group of online fans who’ve posted unauthorized Prince concert videos from the ’80s and beyond on Facebook and other places online.
Justin Bieber is reportedly being sued for $9.2 million by a woman who accompanied her daughter to one of the pop star’s concerts back in 2010. Her grievance: His music ruined her ears.
Well, more or less. According to E!, Stacey Wilson Betts is alleging that certain “unforeseen aspects of the show” resulted in blasts of sound that “exceeded safe decibel levels,” which caused the mother to “[suffer] hearing loss, severe tinnitus, and hyperacusis in both ears.”
So what were those unforeseen aspects? As Betts alleges in the E!-obtained court documents, “[Bieber] climbed into a heart shaped, aluminum/steel gondola and was pulled out over the crowd,” causing a “wave like effect of screaming” that “enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion.” Or, as Bieber calls it, Tuesday.
Latest Videos in Music
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- 'Walking Dead': Behind-the-scenes at the EW cover photo shoot
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Sheldon's train took him to...
- Donny on his 'Big Brother' fate: 'Team America voted me out'
Top 5 Most Read
- Jon Stewart says Hugh Grant was worst 'Daily Show' guest ever; Grant agrees
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Norman Reedus' Personal 'Walking Dead' Photo Album
- 'Walking Dead': New EW Character Portraits
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television