Along with her many regal names, Queen B can now add queen of the Grammys to her long list of titles.
Tag: Dolly Parton (1-4 of 4)
It’s been a big couple of weeks for the Black Keys. They performed on SNL, released their eighth album, Turn Blue, managed to escape from the sinister clutches of Danny McBride on our cover, and now they’ve got themselves their first ever chart-topping record.
Dolly Parton just released her 42nd album, Blue Smoke, which means anyone who told her to ditch her backwoods Barbie image — modeled after the “town tramp” — when she first got to Nashville because people wouldn’t take her seriously, was probably wrong. “I’m totally real where it counts,” Parton tells Kathie Lee Gifford, host of “SiriusXM’s Town Hall with Dolly Parton” premiering May 14 at 7 p.m. ET on Entertainment Weekly Radio (SiriusXM Channel 105). “I know I look artificial, but I think people know that I’m serious about how I look — that it came from a serious place of a country girl’s idea of glamour. ‘Cause we had nothin’, I wanted anything.” She needs all that hair, makeup, and gaudy clothes to feel comfortable, she insists. READ FULL STORY
Dolly Parton explains her new gospel cover of Bon Jovi's 'Lay Your Hands on Me' (you read that right!)
Dolly Parton releases her 42nd album, Blue Smoke, on May 13, and one song on the track list might surprise you: a cover of Bon Jovi’s 1988 hit “Lay Your Hands on Me.”
“I always loved the song, but the first time I heard it — because I grew up in a Pentecostal church, where people believed in healing hands and laying your hands on someone — I just thought, “Wow, that would make a fantastic gospel song,” Parton tells EW.
Still, she knew the sexualized lyrics would need a bit of an overhaul. “You can’t take liberties with people’s song without running it by them, so I contacted Jon and Richie Sambora, who wrote the song together, and asked them, ‘I would love to do this as a gospel song, would y’all help me put that together?’ They were all for it, and everybody threw in their little ideas, and I threw in mine,” she says. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- Paul Thomas Anderson's L.A. movies: Cinematic peaks nurtured in the Valley
- 15 real-world achievements by the fake 'Stephen Colbert'
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 24 movies we're lining up for in 2015
- 19 TV shows we'll be checking out in 2015
- 20 albums we can't wait to hear in 2015
- 20 books we'll read in 2015
- Reese Witherspoon and Cheryl Strayed find the meaning of 'Wild'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reacts to the winner, Reed's harsh comments, and the entire season
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The Right Person Won
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Game of Thrones': See Arya's radical new costume design -- exclusive