At last week’s Spotify press conference – the one where Lars Ulrich revealed that Metallica’s full discography would be made available on the streaming service — Frank Ocean took the stage for a brief performance.
Tag: Flo Rida (1-7 of 7)
Taylor Swift’s new single “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” may just sell the most downloads ever! ever! ever! in its first week.
Released on Monday night, the song is reportedly heading to first-week downloads in the 600,000 range, which would make the breakup anthem the fastest selling song ever by a female artist. (Lady Gaga currently holds that record with “Born This Way,” which was downloaded 448,000 times in its first frame.)
There’s one song Taylor probably will probably not outsell, though: “Right Round” by Flo Rida feat. Ke$ha, which sold 636,000 songs in a single week in 2009. Still, if she climbs past Justin Bieber’s “Boyfriend,” which moved 521,000 editions in its first week, she’ll have the second-best sales week in digital history. Not too shabby.
We’ll see how high “Never,” which hit No. 72 on this week’s Hot 100, soars next week, but for now, let’s check out the week’s other chart winners and losers: READ FULL STORY
Perhaps Jennifer Lopez shouldn’t have been so hasty about walking away from American Idol, as it seems like her lip-bedazzling budget has now gone up approximately 3,000 percent. What is it about women named Jennifer and the urge to attach sparkly things to unusual parts of their bodies?
Other things present in the ultra-colorful video for her “Goin’ In” include a topless Flo Rida, a paint-filled hand grenade, and Lopez giving a little shimmy when she recites the song’s instant-classic lyric about “going orangutan” (yes, bananas).
Watch the clip below:
Flo Rida premiered new song “Let It Roll” from his upcoming album, and you can probably guess what it sounds like before you listen.
This time, Flo and producers soFLY & Nius and Axwell — the same team behind his Sia collaboration “Wild Ones” — reach back into the catalog of Freddie King to sample “Let the Good Times Roll.” READ FULL STORY
Flo Rida and LMFAO's RedFoo put in their bid for song of the summer with new track 'Run': Hear it here
Just a couple of sensitive guys, hanging out in a rainy basement in Portland, plunking away on acoustic guitars. Just kidding!
Two of pop music’s most relentless party bros, Flo Rida and LMFAO’s RedFoo, have collaborated on the song “Run,” slated to appear on Rida’s already hit-packed July album Wild Ones. There’s even an unofficial, summer-screaming visual for the club-bumper — a bikini-clad babe running down the beach. Somebody call the Hoff!
Check out the season’s next inescapable hit in the video below:
Traveling to Australia from the United States can be difficult. It’s a really long flight, the toilets flush in the opposite direction, there are crazy-scary spiders everywhere, and there’s always the chance that you’ll run into Paul Hogan.
It’s disorienting and strange, so it’s understandable if a touring act heads down under and experiences a little turbulence along the way.
Still, rapper Flo Rida is having an exceptionally terrible time on the opposite side of the Earth. According to Pollstar, he did not appear at two different shows on the continent in the midst of “transportation and lodging issues.” His first appearance, at a 13,000-strong festival called Fat as Butter, was called off only hours before he was supposed to appear. In a statement, the promoter of the festival noted that he had already been paid in full and that fans were deeply disappointed by the no-show.
Later that night, Flo arrived at a club in Sydney for another show, but because of his tardiness (he was three hours late) and his general demeanor (the club owner said he was not in “suitable condition to perform”), that too was called off.
He did manage to make a performance the next day in Townsville, Queensland, though that was also semi-disastrous. During the show, police raided the hotel after they smelled marijuana smoke and detained Dakari Dalawn Phillips, Flo Rida’s personal assistant. Police discovered both weed and an Uzi taser, so Phillips will face both drug and weapons charges.
Flo himself was arrested for DUI in Miami earlier this year.
Boy, the summer could’ve used a new feel-good banger from Flo Rida.
The Sunshine State rhymer has been a master at brightening up dance floors since 2007, and just in time to wrap up this season, he’s released “Good Feeling.”
“The mountain top/ Walk on water/ I got power/ Feel so royal,” Rida raps on the Dr. Luke-produced first single from his forthcoming album, Only 1 Rida (Pt. 2).
The Etta James-sampling cut is on sale digitally now; check out the song, along with its lyrics, after the jump.
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
- Jennifer Lawrence-Bradley Cooper film 'Serena' gets U.S. distributor
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' review: Reunited and it feels so...schmaltzy
- 'Sweeney Todd' sneak peek: Emma Thompson slings pies, sings Sondheim
- Rembrandts are there for 'Friends' fans at N.Y. pop-up Central Perk
- Frankie's 'Big Brother' regret? 'Trusting Caleb. Period.'
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- No Blood On His Hands 571
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 552
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 484
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 429
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Frankie of 'Big Brother' says he does not regret pushing the Rewind button and wants to marry Zach
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Toil and Till'
- Tom Hiddleston to star in King-Kong spin-off, 'Skull Island'