In recent years, the once-radical Bob Dylan has increasingly embraced rootsy American traditionalism. It makes a lot of sense, then, that the 73-year-old’s first record since 2012’s Tempest—excluding his latest archival releases—would be a covers album honoring classic musicians, some of whom predate him. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Frank Sinatra (1-2 of 2)
For Sinatra fans, the upcoming PBS documentary Jimmy Van Heusen: Swingin’ with Frank and Bing premiering in August (check local listings) will sound like a must-see. It goes inside composer Jimmy Van Heusen’s professional collaboration with Ol’ Blue Eyes—Frank recorded more than 80 of Van Heusen’s songs, including the Oscar-winning “All the Way,” “High Hopes,” and “Call Me Irresponsible,” as well as the Emmy-winning “Love & Marriage”—as well as their friendship, which started in Tin Pan Alley and ended with Van Heusen being buried in the Sinatra family plot.
As our sneak peek below testifies, Sinatra modeled his swingin’ bachelor lifestyle after Van Heusen, a WWII test pilot who was known to take Sinatra on flights in his own planes (like to see Van Heusen’s home in Palm Springs, where Sinatra then built one, too). Watch it below for choice anecdotes from Shirley MacLaine and Angie Dickinson and a great appreciation of the Van Heusen hit “Come Fly With Me.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
Top 5 Most Read
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more