Frank Sinatra’s swanky brand of swing is about to get a growly makeover courtesy of Bob Dylan. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Frank Sinatra (1-3 of 3)
In recent years, the once-radical Bob Dylan has increasingly embraced rootsy American traditionalism. It makes a lot of sense, then, that the 73-year-old’s first record since 2012’s Tempest—excluding his latest archival releases—would be a covers album honoring classic musicians, some of whom predate him. READ FULL STORY
For Sinatra fans, the upcoming PBS documentary Jimmy Van Heusen: Swingin’ with Frank and Bing premiering in August (check local listings) will sound like a must-see. It goes inside composer Jimmy Van Heusen’s professional collaboration with Ol’ Blue Eyes—Frank recorded more than 80 of Van Heusen’s songs, including the Oscar-winning “All the Way,” “High Hopes,” and “Call Me Irresponsible,” as well as the Emmy-winning “Love & Marriage”—as well as their friendship, which started in Tin Pan Alley and ended with Van Heusen being buried in the Sinatra family plot.
As our sneak peek below testifies, Sinatra modeled his swingin’ bachelor lifestyle after Van Heusen, a WWII test pilot who was known to take Sinatra on flights in his own planes (like to see Van Heusen’s home in Palm Springs, where Sinatra then built one, too). Watch it below for choice anecdotes from Shirley MacLaine and Angie Dickinson and a great appreciation of the Van Heusen hit “Come Fly With Me.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- 'SNL': How'd Blake Shelton do?
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests
- WWE Royal Rumbles: Ranking the worst, best, and the G.O.A.T.
- SAG Awards 2014 flashback: Remember what the stars wore last year?
- SAG Awards 2014 flashback: How we ranked last year's speeches
- 'Westworld' team on what their secretive show is about: 'the things that keep you up at night'
- Bill Maher on why 'American Sniper' is a blockbuster while 'Hurt Locker' was not
- Melissa Rauch on gymnastic sex scene in 'The Bronze' at Sundance: 'you write what you know'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Westworld' producers hint HBO's drama has great, freaky potential
- 'SNL': 10 Best (and 5 Worst) Host/Musical Guests
- Blake Shelton takes over 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- 'Big Bang Theory' star's gymnastic sex scene scores a '10' at Sundance
- Bill Maher calls 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle 'a psychopath patriot'