In recent years, the once-radical Bob Dylan has increasingly embraced rootsy American traditionalism. It makes a lot of sense, then, that the 73-year-old’s first record since 2012’s Tempest—excluding his latest archival releases—would be a covers album honoring classic musicians, some of whom predate him. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Frank Sinatra (1-2 of 2)
For Sinatra fans, the upcoming PBS documentary Jimmy Van Heusen: Swingin’ with Frank and Bing premiering in August (check local listings) will sound like a must-see. It goes inside composer Jimmy Van Heusen’s professional collaboration with Ol’ Blue Eyes—Frank recorded more than 80 of Van Heusen’s songs, including the Oscar-winning “All the Way,” “High Hopes,” and “Call Me Irresponsible,” as well as the Emmy-winning “Love & Marriage”—as well as their friendship, which started in Tin Pan Alley and ended with Van Heusen being buried in the Sinatra family plot.
As our sneak peek below testifies, Sinatra modeled his swingin’ bachelor lifestyle after Van Heusen, a WWII test pilot who was known to take Sinatra on flights in his own planes (like to see Van Heusen’s home in Palm Springs, where Sinatra then built one, too). Watch it below for choice anecdotes from Shirley MacLaine and Angie Dickinson and a great appreciation of the Van Heusen hit “Come Fly With Me.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade: How'd it look to you?
- 'How to Get Away with Murder’ team on the pre-reveal killer theories they liked best
- 10 Thanksgivings with 'Friends'
- 10 movies that serve up memorable Thanksgivings
- Retire? Liars! 12 musical acts who said goodbye... doesn't mean forever
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)