If you’re a fan of Real Estate’s new album Atlas, extreme sports-loving vampires, old people, Thai restaurants, and/or mildly erotic ceramics, then the music video below is your Citizen Kane.
Tag: Funny or Die (1-2 of 2)
Since music was invented, people have been adding all sorts of crazy extracurricular instruments to songs. Some go for whistling, others opt for trash cans, and one guy even managed to invent a dinosaur, the “sexasaurus.”
Of course, one of music’s most classic ingredients is the old-fashioned handclap. But beware, striving artists: it’s trickier than you think.
Good thing you’ve got James Mercer of the Shins to show you how it’s done. In a new Funny or Die video, the indie frontman reveals the secret of how to get the best, album-ready sounds out of your hands: Clapping Butter.
That’s right, you’ve been doing it wrong this whole time! Take notes as you watch Mercer slather himself up in the video below:
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'