If you’re a fan of Real Estate’s new album Atlas, extreme sports-loving vampires, old people, Thai restaurants, and/or mildly erotic ceramics, then the music video below is your Citizen Kane.
Tag: Funny or Die (1-2 of 2)
Since music was invented, people have been adding all sorts of crazy extracurricular instruments to songs. Some go for whistling, others opt for trash cans, and one guy even managed to invent a dinosaur, the “sexasaurus.”
Of course, one of music’s most classic ingredients is the old-fashioned handclap. But beware, striving artists: it’s trickier than you think.
Good thing you’ve got James Mercer of the Shins to show you how it’s done. In a new Funny or Die video, the indie frontman reveals the secret of how to get the best, album-ready sounds out of your hands: Clapping Butter.
That’s right, you’ve been doing it wrong this whole time! Take notes as you watch Mercer slather himself up in the video below:
Latest Videos in Music
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Covert Affairs': Chris Gorham on latest for Auggie
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: 'Men Tell All'
- Anthony Hopkins joins HBO's 'Westworld'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All'