If you’re a fan of Real Estate’s new album Atlas, extreme sports-loving vampires, old people, Thai restaurants, and/or mildly erotic ceramics, then the music video below is your Citizen Kane.
Tag: Funny or Die (1-2 of 2)
Since music was invented, people have been adding all sorts of crazy extracurricular instruments to songs. Some go for whistling, others opt for trash cans, and one guy even managed to invent a dinosaur, the “sexasaurus.”
Of course, one of music’s most classic ingredients is the old-fashioned handclap. But beware, striving artists: it’s trickier than you think.
Good thing you’ve got James Mercer of the Shins to show you how it’s done. In a new Funny or Die video, the indie frontman reveals the secret of how to get the best, album-ready sounds out of your hands: Clapping Butter.
That’s right, you’ve been doing it wrong this whole time! Take notes as you watch Mercer slather himself up in the video below:
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5: 7 rumors debunked
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- J.Lo in Vegas? 5 lessons Britney Spears taught us
- HBO comedy 'Togetherness' heads for the beach in First Look photo
- Meet Julie Meyer on new episode of EW's 'Polished': Actress gets Zen about the Hollywood grind
- Stephen Amell and Co. preview 'Arrow': Will Oliver find out about Thea-Malcolm partnership?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' First Look: Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird