If you’re a fan of Real Estate’s new album Atlas, extreme sports-loving vampires, old people, Thai restaurants, and/or mildly erotic ceramics, then the music video below is your Citizen Kane.
Tag: Funny or Die (1-2 of 2)
Since music was invented, people have been adding all sorts of crazy extracurricular instruments to songs. Some go for whistling, others opt for trash cans, and one guy even managed to invent a dinosaur, the “sexasaurus.”
Of course, one of music’s most classic ingredients is the old-fashioned handclap. But beware, striving artists: it’s trickier than you think.
Good thing you’ve got James Mercer of the Shins to show you how it’s done. In a new Funny or Die video, the indie frontman reveals the secret of how to get the best, album-ready sounds out of your hands: Clapping Butter.
That’s right, you’ve been doing it wrong this whole time! Take notes as you watch Mercer slather himself up in the video below:
Latest Videos in Music
- Winners and losers of Summer 2014
- 'Frozen Fever' animated short an encore for Elsa and Anna in spring 2015
- 30 Days of Binge: Take our tips to dive into 'Lost'; a 2014 hit you missed; or a TV classic that passed you by
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Angelina Jolie-Brad Pitt wedding photos debut in People
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI issues statement
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 'Agents of SHIELD': First 30-second glimpse of season 2