Happy Friday video: During a recent concert in Brisbane, Bruuuuuuuuuuce invited onstage a cute kid from the audience, wearing a Born in the U.S.A.-inspired getup, complete with a red cap in one of his back pockets to sing a few bars of “Waitin’ on a Sunny Day,” and join him for a patented knee slide. The whole thing was captured on video, so the boy’s g’day could be enjoyed by all. Watch and feel your heart grow three sizes: READ FULL STORY
Tag: G'Day Mate! (Australian Things) (1-5 of 5)
Anybody who has ever been to an AC/DC concert knows that they are pretty much permanently anchored in 1980, the year singer Brian Johnson replaced the late Bon Scott and the band released their iconic Back in Black. And that’s OK, because Back in Black rules and AC/DC rock really hard.
It also might explain why it took so long for the band to show up on iTunes. AC/DC has never made any of its music available for digital purchase—until today. The group’s entire back catalog is now available on the premiere digital music retailer as of this morning, which means that the seven digital music enthusiasts who don’t own Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap can now complete their collections.
The rollout not only includes the entirety of the band’s studio albums, but also their live albums (including Live at River Plate, which just came out today), soundtracks, box sets (including the excellent Bon Scott compendium Bonfire), and a series of official AC/DC ringtones. AC/DC’s catalog has always sold extremely well (Back in Black regularly outsells new albums on the Billboard 200), which is mostly because the band has never released a greatest hits album and at least partially because they’ve never been available digitally.
The gambit has paid off: When the band released their last studio album Black Ice in 2008, it sold 784,000 copies in its opening week, even though it was only available at Wal-Mart and also contained 12 variations on “Hell’s Bells” (which, to be fair, has described every AC/DC album since 1980).
As of this writing, AC/DC had yet to have any real impact on the iTunes charts (Back in Black is number 65 on the albums chart, and there aren’t any singles in the iTunes Top Singles), but it will be interesting to track what sort of impact this move has on one of the most lucrative back catalogs in rock.
It would be hard to find a group of people more whimsical than the members of Of Monsters and Men (and that’s saying something, considering they’re from Iceland, the land of Bjork).
Despite the fact that they’ve logged countless hours flying all around the world to deliver their particular brand of chamber folk that the kids all seem to love these days, they were ready to party at their first Lollapalooza.
“At these festivals, we always try to have as much power as we can,” explained singer Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir. “So we take the songs that have the most oomph.” READ FULL STORY
Pete Jones, the drummer for Australian band Crowded House, passed away on Friday after a long battle with brain cancer. He was 45 years old.
“We are in mourning today for the death of Peter Jones,” the surviving band members wrote in a statement on their website. “We remember him as a warm hearted, funny and talented man, who was a valuable member of Crowded House. He played with style and spirit. We salute him and send our love and best thoughts to his family and friends.”
Formed in 1985 following the breakup of Split Enz, Crowded House scored immediate hits in their native Australia and found international success with their 1986 self-titled debut, which contained “Don’t Dream It’s Over,” the band’s biggest success.
Jones didn’t join the band until 1994, just in time for their break up. He appeared on the band’s live album Farewell to the World, recorded on the steps of the Syndey Opera House in 1996 as the band’s farewell show.
- EW TV Recap Video: 'Survivor,' 'Mod Fam,' 'Coven'
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: Meet the villains
- Carrie Underwood talks 'Sound of Music'
- Ryan Murphy 'AHS: Coven' reveal: More Stevie Nicks!
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 'Orphan Black' season 2: First photo
- 'Survivor' recap: Fit to be tied
- Ron Burgundy addresses Emerson College
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 690
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 395
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 375
Top 5 Most Read
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'American Horror Story' recap: Kill Fiona
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy on chopping off [SPOILER]'s head and even more Stevie Nicks -- EXCLUSIVE