The end has come, Jukeboxers! There’s an apocryphal story that the Inuit people have hundreds of words for snow. These past few weeks, we at Jukebox probably could have used about that many synonyms for cliffhanger. Between planes crashing, kidnappings, births, deaths, weddings, reunions, and dance parties, it’s been a groovy goodbye to the 2011-2012 TV season. Check out our picks below and make sure to click through to the final page to listen to a track-for-track Spotify playlist of these “show tunes.” (Warning for those still catching up on DVR: MAJOR SPOILERS ahead!) READ FULL STORY
Tag: Hart of Dixie (1-5 of 5)
TV Jukebox: 'Don't Trust the B-- in Apartment 23,' 'Magic City,' 'Girls,' and more music-on-TV moments
Behind every great lady there’s a great man singing behind her — at least that was the case for most of this week’s Jukebox. In one instance, there was even a man singing as a lady (welcome back, Glee!). This week saw one particularly untrustworthy B—- in Apartment 23, a new slew of Girls, a masseuse with a heart of gold (The Client List), and a Scandal-ous Beltway fixer with brass… well, you get where I’m going. To paraphrase the great Aretha Franklin, sisters were doing it for themselves — with the help of artists as diverse as The Clash, Sleigh Bells, Paddy Casey, and Otis Redding, of course. Check out our picks below, and make sure to click through to the last page to listen to all the songs in our customized Spotify playlist. (Warning for those still catching up on DVR: SPOILERS ahead!) READ FULL STORY
Rainy days and Mondays may have gotten Karen Carpenter down, but the rain washes away old heartbreaks for at least a couple of our favorite characters in this latest TV Jukebox.
A pathetic fallacy of a rainstorm made for a new lease on love in this week’s How I Met Your Mother, and a downpour was key to an impromptu proposal on Parenthood — though, thankfully, not on Cougar Town; otherwise they’d still be cleaning up the wet toilet paper!
Elsewhere, crazy dreams came true on Smash and American Idol, paint went splat for science’s sake on CSI, and sexytimes abounded on Nikita and Being Human. That’s without mentioning the “show tunes” from Glee, House of Lies, Private Practice, Body of Proof, Fringe, and Hart of Dixie. Click through to see our picks. (Warning for those still catching up on DVR: SPOILERS ahead!) READ FULL STORY
Christmas was in the air this week, and so was tragedy. From car crashes (Gossip Girl) to motorcycle busts (90210), things were sad, y’all! Even when we were laughing, we were crying (How I Met Your Mother). But, with a new year only a few weeks away, there was a bit of hope as a long-simmering relationship made headway (Hart of Dixie), old friends were reunited (Glee), and Kalinda Sharma just kept on being awesome (The Good Wife). See our picks for this week’s best “show” tunes after the jump. (Warning for those still catching up on DVR: SPOILERS follow!) READ FULL STORY
Valentine’s Day may still be nearly three months away, but we saw some serious sensuality in our favorite shows’ song choices this week. There was also a whole lot of heartbreak, a meat truck moment that would have been best kept private, and a dead body for good measure. From a 1970s R&B icon to an Irish electronic trio, plus some old-fashioned singer-songwriters and an experimental musician in the mix, keeping reading to see our Jukebox picks below! READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- Hallmark's holiday TV movies: Inside the concepts, casting, and scheduling
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
- 'Colbert Report' finale singalong: A complete who's who in all-star chorus
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'The Amazing Race' season finale recap: 'All of Nothing'