There’s been a public outpouring for Chicago house music producer Frankie Knuckles, who passed away last month at 59-years-old. But now he’s been recognized by the leader of the free world: It turns out fellow Chicagoans Barack and Michelle Obama are fans. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Michelle Obama (1-4 of 4)
Michelle Obama is making a cameo appearance in a video for a hip-hop song recorded to encourage kids from minority groups to take care of their bodies.
The song, “Everybody,” is one of 19 on an album called Songs for a Healthier America, set for release next month. The album is being produced by Hip Hop Public Health and the Partnership for a Healthier America, both of which support the first lady’s “Let’s Move” anti-childhood obesity campaign. Statistics show higher rates of overweight and obesity among black and Latino children.
In the video, Mrs. Obama talks briefly about launching “Let’s Move” and people’s doubts about whether it will make a difference.
The song itself is sung by rapper Doug E. Fresh, along with Jordin Sparks, Dr. Oz, and others. Check out a video for the song below:
READ FULL STORY
President Obama is no flip-flopper.
As the general election starts to shape up, our sitting commander in chief made sure to get a jump start on likely opponent and noted mind changer Mitt Romney by reassuring the public of his commitment to one of the most pressing matters of the day: Kanye West’s jackassitude.
Of course, Obama replied as expected: “Jay-Z.”
British boy band One Direction and First Lady Michelle Obama hit it off at the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards, but the two parties aren’t quite BFFs yet.
After a night reportedly full of singing, dancing, and discussing presidential pizza protocol, Michelle Obama was smitten enough to invite the five-member boy band to next week’s 134th Annual White House Easter Egg Roll, The Sun reports.
And apparently, One Direction declined.
“It was such an honor,” a source told the British tabloid. “Sadly the band were unable to accept her invitation as they are off to Australia.”
Added The Sun‘s source, “They’d love to go another time.”
Album sales: One Direction makes history with No. 1 debut of ‘Up All Night’
‘Kids Choice Awards': And the winners are…
Michelle Obama will celebrate Taylor Swift at Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 'Rebel Heart' album
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- Hallmark's holiday TV movies: Inside the concepts, casting, and scheduling
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever