There’s been a public outpouring for Chicago house music producer Frankie Knuckles, who passed away last month at 59-years-old. But now he’s been recognized by the leader of the free world: It turns out fellow Chicagoans Barack and Michelle Obama are fans. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Michelle Obama (1-4 of 4)
Michelle Obama is making a cameo appearance in a video for a hip-hop song recorded to encourage kids from minority groups to take care of their bodies.
The song, “Everybody,” is one of 19 on an album called Songs for a Healthier America, set for release next month. The album is being produced by Hip Hop Public Health and the Partnership for a Healthier America, both of which support the first lady’s “Let’s Move” anti-childhood obesity campaign. Statistics show higher rates of overweight and obesity among black and Latino children.
In the video, Mrs. Obama talks briefly about launching “Let’s Move” and people’s doubts about whether it will make a difference.
The song itself is sung by rapper Doug E. Fresh, along with Jordin Sparks, Dr. Oz, and others. Check out a video for the song below:
READ FULL STORY
President Obama is no flip-flopper.
As the general election starts to shape up, our sitting commander in chief made sure to get a jump start on likely opponent and noted mind changer Mitt Romney by reassuring the public of his commitment to one of the most pressing matters of the day: Kanye West’s jackassitude.
Of course, Obama replied as expected: “Jay-Z.”
British boy band One Direction and First Lady Michelle Obama hit it off at the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards, but the two parties aren’t quite BFFs yet.
After a night reportedly full of singing, dancing, and discussing presidential pizza protocol, Michelle Obama was smitten enough to invite the five-member boy band to next week’s 134th Annual White House Easter Egg Roll, The Sun reports.
And apparently, One Direction declined.
“It was such an honor,” a source told the British tabloid. “Sadly the band were unable to accept her invitation as they are off to Australia.”
Added The Sun‘s source, “They’d love to go another time.”
Album sales: One Direction makes history with No. 1 debut of ‘Up All Night’
‘Kids Choice Awards': And the winners are…
Michelle Obama will celebrate Taylor Swift at Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards
Latest Videos in Music
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying
Top 5 Most Read
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more