The persk of having Taylor Swift as a best friend: In a sneak peak at MTV’s new documentary 9 Days and Nights of Ed Sheeran, the English crooner can be seen showing off a needlepoint Swift made for him that features the chorus of Drake’s 2013 hit “Started from the Bottom.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Nothing Was The Same (1-2 of 2)
When it comes to grabbing the title for the best rapper alive, Drake is more concerned about consistency, not “moments.”
On the promotional run for his album Nothing Was The Same, the Canadian rapper stopped by New York University’s Skirball Center on Sunday for an interview with rap journalist Elliot Wilson as a part of the CRWN live interview series presented by Myspace where he addressed a myriad of topics including his thoughts on Lamar’s now-infamous verse on Big Sean’s “Control.”
“That verse, he’s giving people moments,” Drake said. “That verse was a moment to talk about. He didn’t come in there on some wild, ‘I’m in New York, f**k everybody.’ I almost wish he had come in there on that shit because I kind of lost a little bit of respect for the sentiment of the verse.’ If it’s really ‘fuck everybody’ then it needs to be ‘fuck everybody.’ It can’t just be halfway.”
Apparently, his views on the verse have changed some since he spoke to Billboard about the topic in August, but Drake says he’s way past the lyrical banter and is focused on other aspects of Lamar’s work now:
“Are you listening to it now? At this point?” Drake asked about the “Control” verse. “I can’t wait to see what he does because now it’s time to show and prove consistency. It’s been, like, one album. Consistency is make more than one album. I look forward to seeing what he does. He’s super f**king talented. When it comes to competition, I’m more worried about consistency, about bodies of work. I’m talking about hit records, that’s Kanye West. He’s always going to be the guy who’s trying to out think and out-do. That’s my guy that I aspire to surpass.”
Latest Videos in Music
- Marvel has a 'Strange' feeling about Joaquin Phoenix
- 'Under the Dome' hasn't see the last of Britt Robertson as Angie
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Sheldon's train took him to...
- 'Boxtrolls' co-directors' Q&A: Why Ben Kingsley was 'recorded reclining backwards in a chair'
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead': New EW character portraits
- Brangelina: From 'Mr and Mrs. Smith' to Mr. and Mrs. Pitt
- 'Reign' season 2's first portrait features Mary, Francis, and Mary's legs
Top 5 Most Read
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: What is in that cage?!?
- 'Big Bang Theory' scoop: Where did Sheldon go on the train?
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos' (Updated)
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan