Ariana Grande’s 2013 debut album Yours Truly was a frustrating one — she clearly has the chops to make waves in the pop world, but it was deeply unclear who she really was as an artist. Perhaps she’s doing some soul-searching, because her new single “Problem,” which just dropped today, is a dramatic reinvention.
Tag: Pop (81-90 of 1120)
Rodney Bryce, better known as DJ E-Z Rock, passed away on Sunday of as-yet unknown causes. He was 46 years old.
After nearly two weeks of speculation, the most powerful couple in music (and one of the most influential people in the world) have confirmed that they will indeed be spending the summer together on stage at various stadiums across the United States and Canada. Starting on June 25 in Miami, Jay Z and Beyoncé will be taking their On The Run tour to the people.
The upcoming The Fault In Our Stars is a love story based on a hugely beloved YA novel, so of course it comes armed with a sweet soundtrack full of decorated alt-pop wonders and feel-good tearjerkers.
The Fault In Our Stars — Music From The Motion Picture arrives on May 19 and features brand new tracks from Ed Sheeran, Charli XCX, M83, Lykke Li, Jake Bugg, Ray LaMontagne, and a host of others. (Check out the entire track list at the bottom.)
One of those new songs is Grouplove’s “Let Me In,” a dreamy, synthy sing-along that gets its exclusive premiere below.
Fifteen years ago today, Ben Folds Five released their third album, titled The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner. It is by no means a masterpiece (though it is ultimately underrated), and had to have been considered a commercial disappointment after the group’s previous effort, 1997’s Whatever and Ever Amen, went Platinum on the back of the breakout single “Brick.”
But Reinhold Messner is also deeply wonderful in its strangeness, and it stands as one of the ballsier post-crossover albums a one-hit wonder ever produced. (And make no mistake: BFF is a one hit wonder—Folds had solo success after the band broke up, but their impact as a collective begins and ends with “Brick.”) To celebrate the album’s 15th anniversary (an off-kilter number, I acknowledge), here are 15 thoughts about an album that I literally think about every day.
Intercontinental tween-pop superstars One Direction aren’t exactly considered the most visually compelling act out there, unless you’re counting the remarkable bit of bio-engineering that is Harry Styles’ hair.
But last week, they premiered a brand new video for their single “You & I” featuring a bunch of pretty impressive cloning effects. The only problem? They appear to have ripped off the idea wholesale.
Summer festival season has only just begun, but it’s already time to start thinking about where you’re going to binge on music this fall. You can start with Slim Shady himself, who is the just-announced headliner at the annual Austin City Limits Festival.
They say time heals all wounds, though the break between Prince and his original label Warner Bros. Records seemed beyond repair: So unhappy was the Purple One with his label bosses that he painted the word “SLAVE” on his face during most of his public appearances in 1993. But the two sides have figured out a way to sort things out, with Prince fans emerging as the big winners.
She’s still only 23, but it’s been a slow burn for Iggy Azalea. Born Amethyst Kelly, she left her home nation of Australia when she was 16 years old to pursue her hip-hop dreams. She’s been on the mix tape radar since 2011’s Ignorant Art, and has already teamed up with the likes of T.I., B.o.B, Mac Miller, Diplo, and Sean Paul.
Her proper debut album The New Classic has been in limbo for a while, but it’s finally hitting store shelves on April 18. Last week, EW caught up with Azalea in Manhattan Peruvian chicken emporium Pio Pio for a talk about art, nipples, and Katy Perry.
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'Stalker' series premiere: Giving us the creeps
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Odds each of 10 suspects is a killer
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 506
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 325
- 'Saturday Night Live' premiere recap: This is the start of something new (and odd) 251
Top 5 Most Read
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Elsa puts Storybrooke on lockdown
- 'Vampire Diaries': Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev talk Damon and Elena
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Who's really the murderer?