Looks like Lil Wayne’s unorthodox deposition didn’t quite do the trick. The rapper has lost his court battle against Quincy Jones III regarding the documentary film The Carter and has been ordered by the judge to fork over a cool $2.2 million to the producer as a result, TMZ reports. The suit accused Wayne of blocking the release of the movie, thus aversely affecting its profit potential. So next time you listen to his 2008 single “A Milli,” make sure to mentally edit out the line, “A million here, a million there”
Tag: Quincy Jones III (1-2 of 2)
First things first: Lil Wayne is a great rapper (at least, he used to be). What Lil Wayne is not, however, is compliant in a court of law.
A little background: In 2009, Wayne sued Quincy Jones III, son of music producer Quincy Jones (Michael Jackson’s Thriller), over a documentary called The Carter, (via Digital Spy). Now he’s filed a second lawsuit against Jones, claiming the film illegally used tunes from Tha Carter IV. Which brings us to the current debacle: Wayne’s deposition.
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings'? Rick is Aragorn, Carl is Frodo...
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Shameless' season 5 trailer hints at plenty of new twists
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- See the first teaser for the final season of 'Justified'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist