So, we finally have Beyoncé’s statement on that infamous elevator fight between her sister Solange and hubby Jay Z: “Of course sometimes s— goes down when it’s a billion dollars on an elevator,” Beyoncé sings on a just-released “Flawless” remix featuring Nicki Minaj.
READ FULL STORY
Tag: Remixes (1-2 of 2)
On the 30th anniversary of the release of 'Scarface,' hear Giorgio Moroder's new remix of 'Tony's Theme' - EXCLUSIVE
Dance music legend Giorgio Moroder has spent the better part of 2013 looking back. He explored his own biography with the help of some French robots on Daft Punk’s “Giorgio By Moroder,” from the Grammy-nominated Random Access Memories, and remixed Donna Summer’s “Love To Love You Baby” (a song he initially built in 1975) for an album commemorating the late disco diva.
Now he’s remixed himself once again, this time taking the digital scalpel to “Tony’s Theme,” from one of Moroder’s finest film scores: Scarface, which hit theaters exactly 30 years ago today.
In a conversation today with EW, Moroder remembere getting the call from director Brian De Palma about the project and creating the now-legendary score for Al Pacino’s Tony Montana, one of cinema’s most iconic gangsters. “I wanted something a little bit mysterious, because this character is very complex and kind of mysterious coming from Cuba,” Moroder recalls.
“I wanted it to have a little bit of a classical feel in the sequence of the chords. The idea came from a German half-classical singer called Klaus Nomi. He had one song where he did a very high voice, a staccato, a little bit like Laurie Anderson on ‘O Superman.’ Those two songs kind of inspired me, so I came up with the chords and then brought in the big choir and strings and all the rest.”
The new remix of “Tony’s Theme” is more of a complete reinvention — Moroder did not use any of the original tracks to construct the new song. That points to the tune’s versatility. “It works quite well with a big orchestra, and it works quite well with just a piano,” he said. “There’s one section [in the movie] when Tony kills someone, and there I played kind of soft; I think it’s just a bass line. So it works well both big and small.”
Check out the exclusive premiere of Moroder’s new remix of “Tony’s Theme” below. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Jennifer Love Hewitt joins the BAU in new 'Criminal Minds' art
- J.Lo and Iggy Azalea extend the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- 'The Knick' recap: 'Start Calling Me Dad'
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Shonda Rhimes puts Callie-Arizona odds at 50/50
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Into the Woods' character names not getting Disney makeover (Updated)
- 'Once Upon a Time': Will Elsa 'Let It Go'? Or build a snowman?
- J-Lo and Iggy continue the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle' and more