So, we finally have Beyoncé’s statement on that infamous elevator fight between her sister Solange and hubby Jay Z: “Of course sometimes s— goes down when it’s a billion dollars on an elevator,” Beyoncé sings on a just-released “Flawless” remix featuring Nicki Minaj.
READ FULL STORY
Tag: Remixes (1-2 of 2)
On the 30th anniversary of the release of 'Scarface,' hear Giorgio Moroder's new remix of 'Tony's Theme' - EXCLUSIVE
Dance music legend Giorgio Moroder has spent the better part of 2013 looking back. He explored his own biography with the help of some French robots on Daft Punk’s “Giorgio By Moroder,” from the Grammy-nominated Random Access Memories, and remixed Donna Summer’s “Love To Love You Baby” (a song he initially built in 1975) for an album commemorating the late disco diva.
Now he’s remixed himself once again, this time taking the digital scalpel to “Tony’s Theme,” from one of Moroder’s finest film scores: Scarface, which hit theaters exactly 30 years ago today.
In a conversation today with EW, Moroder remembere getting the call from director Brian De Palma about the project and creating the now-legendary score for Al Pacino’s Tony Montana, one of cinema’s most iconic gangsters. “I wanted something a little bit mysterious, because this character is very complex and kind of mysterious coming from Cuba,” Moroder recalls.
“I wanted it to have a little bit of a classical feel in the sequence of the chords. The idea came from a German half-classical singer called Klaus Nomi. He had one song where he did a very high voice, a staccato, a little bit like Laurie Anderson on ‘O Superman.’ Those two songs kind of inspired me, so I came up with the chords and then brought in the big choir and strings and all the rest.”
The new remix of “Tony’s Theme” is more of a complete reinvention — Moroder did not use any of the original tracks to construct the new song. That points to the tune’s versatility. “It works quite well with a big orchestra, and it works quite well with just a piano,” he said. “There’s one section [in the movie] when Tony kills someone, and there I played kind of soft; I think it’s just a bass line. So it works well both big and small.”
Check out the exclusive premiere of Moroder’s new remix of “Tony’s Theme” below. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Gotham recap: 'Selina Kyle'
- 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more recaps
- 'Castle' season premiere: Your take on 'Driven'?
- 'Castle' boss tips us off to 5 things to look for this season
- 'SNL': Bill Hader on chat with Lorne Michaels about Pete Davidson ('By the way, do you want to host?')
- '24: Live Another Day' Blu-ray/DVD shows us Tony Almeida in 'Solitary': First Look
- Emily Kinney talks 'Walking Dead': Daryl and Beth connected (but don't call them Deth)
- 'Family Guy' does the Bartman--and maybe 'South Park' still wins
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl
- 'Castle' boss: Season 7 will reveal more of why Castle is the way he is
- Bill Hader discusses 'SNL' newbie Pete Davidson, his own hosting debut
- Tony Almeida wants out of solitary in new '24' Blu-ray feature
- New 'Gotham' trailer previews entire season, introduces Victor Zsasz