Tag: Shania Twain (1-4 of 4)
It was a stunt so strange, not even the writers of Nashville could’ve dreamed it up.
Shania Twain arrived to her two-year residency in Las Vegas by leading a parade of forty horses through the city yesterday, the AP reports. The singer, herself on horseback, was accompanied by nine wranglers as they made their way to the fountains in front of Caesars Palace, which will host her Vegas run starting on Dec. 1.
Nominations for June 6′s CMT Music Awards were announced this morning, with Carrie Underwood leading the pack with five nods, followed by Miranda Lambert, who received four.
See the full list below, which also includes three nominations a piece for Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, and Thompson Square.
If there’s one category we feel strongly about, it’s CMT Performance of the Year, which honors the best live performance that aired on a CMT show, series, or special. Little Big Town has to win for their cover of Coldplay’s “Fix You” on the Music Builds: CMT Disaster Relief Concert. It starts at 2:40 in the clip below; you’re guaranteed to get chills. READ FULL STORY »
For Shania Twain, the road back to musical relevance has been long and arduous one, as we’ve recently seen in the country superstar’s painful story of betrayal — and its aftermath – told in detail on Oprah; in a shocking tell-all book, From This Moment On; and on her OWN reality show Why Not? But now, it seems, Shania is ready for a full-on musical comeback: She announced today in a press conference that she’ll headline her own Celine Dion-style show, Shania: Still the One, at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, opening Dec. 1, 2012. Expect “all of her biggest hits,” according to the just-launched website for the show, where you can buy tickets for the two-year residency beginning June 19. READ FULL STORY »
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Game of Thrones': Compatible couples?
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 409
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 349
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 504