No matter whether you think Taylor Swift’s “Welcome to New York” is a good representation of the city, she is using it to genuinely help her newly adopted home. Newly appointed New York City “welcome ambassador” Swift announced on The View, that all of the proceeds from sales of the song will go to public schools in the city.
Tag: Taylor Swift (1-10 of 249)
Beyoncé and Taylor Swift are likely the world’s two most zeitgeist-y and powerful pop stars right now. So, naturally, someone saw an opportunity. READ FULL STORY
Kelly Clarkson covered Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off” Saturday evening—and even got Swift’s stamp of approval.
In a fan-recorded video of the performance, Clarkson introduces “Shake It Off” as “one of [her] favorite songs out right now.” She goes on to infuse the pop song with some soul, and finishes with a note on Tay: “Seriously, everybody gives Taylor Swift a hard time, but she can write a hook,” Clarkson says. “I’m just sayin’.” READ FULL STORY
Taylor Week continues: The “Welcome to New York” singer unveiled the track list for 1989 Wednesday on Twitter.
The album includes already-released songs like “Shake It Off” and “Out of the Woods,” along with some unheard tracks with simplistic titles including “Style,” a song that couldn’t possibly be about her ex-beau Harry Styles, and “This Love,” which may or may not be a Maroon 5 cover. (Hey, she is appearing on The Voice this season.) READ FULL STORY
The lead-up to Taylor Swift’s 1989 keeps moving along, now with a preview of another new song lodged in a Target commercial for the deluxe edition of the album.
READ FULL STORY
Kander and Ebb wrote “New York, New York”; Billy Joel crooned “New York State of Mind”; Jay Z dropped “Empire State of Mind.” Now, Taylor Swift is adding her take to the canon of songs about the city that never sleeps.
On Monday morning, Swift previewed “Welcome to New York,” the first song off her album 1989, which is, yes, about moving to New York.
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features