If a Mount Rushmore-style monument existed for metalheads, the late Ronnie James Dio would certainly be on it. As the frontman of Dio, Rainbow, and Black Sabbath (and a bunch of others), he’s more than earned his spot. And even if you don’t care much about smashes like “Holy Diver” or “The Mob Rules,” you have to give Dio credit for giving the world the metal horns.
Tag: Tenacious D (1-2 of 2)
An American Idol runner-up replaced an Idol winner atop the Billboard 200 this week, as Adam Lambert dethroned Carrie Underwood with his sophomore album Trespassing, which sold 77,000 copies in its first week.
With his No. 1 debut and 77,000 copies sold, many are touting that this makes Lambert the first openly gay artist to ever top the albums chart (another gay Idol contestant, Clay Aiken, topped the Billboard 200 with Measure of a Man, which debuted with 613,000 copies sold in 2003, but he didn’t come out until 2008). Still, it’s a landmark achievement.
Other Top 10 debuts included Tenacious D’s The Rise of Fenix and Beach House’s Bloom, but despite the newcomers, overall sales were relatively soft. Check out the full Top 10 below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 'Two and a Half Men' returns: 'Duckie's gettin' lucky'
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang' Theory; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Parenthood'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'