If a Mount Rushmore-style monument existed for metalheads, the late Ronnie James Dio would certainly be on it. As the frontman of Dio, Rainbow, and Black Sabbath (and a bunch of others), he’s more than earned his spot. And even if you don’t care much about smashes like “Holy Diver” or “The Mob Rules,” you have to give Dio credit for giving the world the metal horns.
Tag: Tenacious D (1-2 of 2)
An American Idol runner-up replaced an Idol winner atop the Billboard 200 this week, as Adam Lambert dethroned Carrie Underwood with his sophomore album Trespassing, which sold 77,000 copies in its first week.
With his No. 1 debut and 77,000 copies sold, many are touting that this makes Lambert the first openly gay artist to ever top the albums chart (another gay Idol contestant, Clay Aiken, topped the Billboard 200 with Measure of a Man, which debuted with 613,000 copies sold in 2003, but he didn’t come out until 2008). Still, it’s a landmark achievement.
Other Top 10 debuts included Tenacious D’s The Rise of Fenix and Beach House’s Bloom, but despite the newcomers, overall sales were relatively soft. Check out the full Top 10 below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- 'Survivor': Ex-MLB pitcher John Rocker and girlfriend to play
- MTV's 'Are You the One?' season 2: Meet the cast, first twist revealed
- 'Transparent' First Look: 'Dad is a woman'
- 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Bachelor in Paradise' recaps
- Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' as Maleficent
- 'Sons of Anarchy' shares new, appropriately unsettling photos and portraits
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 5 arrivals and departures
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Sons of Anarchy' photos are appropriately unsettling
- 'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins
- 'Pretty Little Liars' season finale recap: 'Taking This One to the Grave'
- Watch Sara Bareilles sing 'Smile' for the Emmys' In Memoriam segment