If a Mount Rushmore-style monument existed for metalheads, the late Ronnie James Dio would certainly be on it. As the frontman of Dio, Rainbow, and Black Sabbath (and a bunch of others), he’s more than earned his spot. And even if you don’t care much about smashes like “Holy Diver” or “The Mob Rules,” you have to give Dio credit for giving the world the metal horns.
Tag: Tenacious D (1-2 of 2)
An American Idol runner-up replaced an Idol winner atop the Billboard 200 this week, as Adam Lambert dethroned Carrie Underwood with his sophomore album Trespassing, which sold 77,000 copies in its first week.
With his No. 1 debut and 77,000 copies sold, many are touting that this makes Lambert the first openly gay artist to ever top the albums chart (another gay Idol contestant, Clay Aiken, topped the Billboard 200 with Measure of a Man, which debuted with 613,000 copies sold in 2003, but he didn’t come out until 2008). Still, it’s a landmark achievement.
Other Top 10 debuts included Tenacious D’s The Rise of Fenix and Beach House’s Bloom, but despite the newcomers, overall sales were relatively soft. Check out the full Top 10 below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Covert Affairs': Chris Gorham on latest for Auggie
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: 'Men Tell All'
- Anthony Hopkins joins HBO's 'Westworld'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- Judge says John Travolta can't stop alleged gay lover from spilling secrets