Andrew Garfield is about to swing back into cinemas clad in the blue and red spandex in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which opens on May 2. But before that, the soundtrack to the movie will arrive in stores — and now we have its first official single.
Tag: The Amazing Spider-Man (1-2 of 2)
'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' composer Hans Zimmer recruits Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, others for movie music supergroup
Hans Zimmer has never had any trouble crafting movie scores on his own. He has worked on over 150 movies, won himself an Oscar (for The Lion King, in 1995), and gave birth to the BWOOOM that just about every other movie composer has stolen.
But everybody needs a little company, and for the score to the forthcoming The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Zimmer went ahead and got himself a super group. According to Sony Pictures, Zimmer and director Marc Webb have recruited Pharrell Williams, former Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, Incubus’ Michael Einziger, and former Eurythmic/current blues revivalist Dave Stewart.
“Marc and I were talking about Spider-Man, and as the word got out, so many of our friends and musicians started calling us up, wanting to be a part of it, because they love Spider-Man,” Zimmer said in a statement. “That was the thing that united all of us the great love for Spider-Man. With all of these hugely talented people wanting to join us, it was Marc who said, ‘Why not start a band?’ Marc and I have had a great start jamming with everybody, and we still have a few surprises up our sleeve.”
Nobody is a stranger in this collective: Zimmer and Williams previously worked together on the music for Despicable Me and also at the 2011 Academy Awards ceremony, and Marr, Einziger, and Stewart have all lent their guitar playing talents to Zimmer scores in the past (on Inception, The Lone Ranger, and Madagascar 3, respectively).
The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which again stars Andrew Garfield as the web-slinger and welcomes Jamie Foxx as the villain Electro, will be in theaters on May 2, 2014.
Latest Videos in Music
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Amy Adams and One Direction
- Craig Ferguson signs off 'Late Late Show' with an all-star 'Drum' corps--and a dream
- 20 top Xmas movies ever
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 great gift ideas
- 'Big Bang Theory': 15 solutions if you're shopping for a fan
- 'Mad Men': 20 gift ideas for dapper Dons (or Bettys)
- 'Girls' fans (and their guys) will love these 13 gift ideas
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
Top 5 Most Read
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever