The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony is tonight at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, which means that New York is overrun with rock legends. Jimmy Fallon has been welcoming new members of the HOF on his show all week, and last night he sat down with Nirvana members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic to talk about Kurt Cobain, the band’s origins, and the psychosis required to play in front of 350,000 people.
Tag: The Tonight Show (1-3 of 3)
The last two years were good ones for Josh Tillman, a.k.a. Father John Misty. The former Fleet Foxes drummer released his first FJM album, Fear Fun, toured the heck out of it, got married, and hit the road again with what he called a “variety show” tour (performances included a scantily clad woman wearing a giant bunny head as he tried out new songs).
Tillman has since taken a well-deserved break — or so we thought. Ostensibly holed up to work on his sophomore album, he actually never went away; he’s just letting the psychedelic ringleader persona of Father John Misty take a backseat while he collaborates with other artists in unexpected places.
Since his last tour, here’s where Tillman has been spotted:
Now that Brad Paisley has taken his turn trying to defend the batty lyrics to “Accidental Racist,” it’s time for LL Cool J to make his defense.
Last night on The Tonight Show, LL addressed the conversations over the song from Paisley’s new album Wheelhouse, which contains multiple lyrics that some judged insensitive to the actual struggles against racism. Paisley wanted credit for starting a conversation about difficult issues, while LL took a different approach.
“I feel good,” the rapper told Jay Leno when asked about the Internet fervor over the tune. “The song wasn’t perfect. You can’t fit 300 or 400 years of history into a three or four minute song.”
He continued, somewhat turning on the song. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 'Rebel Heart' album
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- Hallmark's holiday TV movies: Inside the concepts, casting, and scheduling
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
Top 5 Most Read
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever