The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony is tonight at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, which means that New York is overrun with rock legends. Jimmy Fallon has been welcoming new members of the HOF on his show all week, and last night he sat down with Nirvana members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic to talk about Kurt Cobain, the band’s origins, and the psychosis required to play in front of 350,000 people.
Tag: The Tonight Show (1-3 of 3)
The last two years were good ones for Josh Tillman, a.k.a. Father John Misty. The former Fleet Foxes drummer released his first FJM album, Fear Fun, toured the heck out of it, got married, and hit the road again with what he called a “variety show” tour (performances included a scantily clad woman wearing a giant bunny head as he tried out new songs).
Tillman has since taken a well-deserved break — or so we thought. Ostensibly holed up to work on his sophomore album, he actually never went away; he’s just letting the psychedelic ringleader persona of Father John Misty take a backseat while he collaborates with other artists in unexpected places.
Since his last tour, here’s where Tillman has been spotted:
Now that Brad Paisley has taken his turn trying to defend the batty lyrics to “Accidental Racist,” it’s time for LL Cool J to make his defense.
Last night on The Tonight Show, LL addressed the conversations over the song from Paisley’s new album Wheelhouse, which contains multiple lyrics that some judged insensitive to the actual struggles against racism. Paisley wanted credit for starting a conversation about difficult issues, while LL took a different approach.
“I feel good,” the rapper told Jay Leno when asked about the Internet fervor over the tune. “The song wasn’t perfect. You can’t fit 300 or 400 years of history into a three or four minute song.”
He continued, somewhat turning on the song. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Gotham' recap: What did you think of its 'Pilot'?
- 'Gone Girl' review: Put it on the 'A' list
- 'Modern Family' sneak peek: The Dunphys had a great summer...without Alex
- 'Lost' turns 10: Doc Jensen on the highs, lows, and legacy
- 11 things you'll want to know about the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover
- 'Sleepy Hollow' stars explain season 1 in 30 seconds
- 'NCIS' First Look: Meet young Ducky
- 'Faking It' stars talk THAT hookup: 'We totally understand why you're angry'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Cover up: 10 essential banned and challenged graphic novels
- If Jamie Dornan had returned to 'Once Upon a Time': What would've been
- 'The Good Wife' season premiere recap: 'The Line'
- 'Mythbusters': Discovery responds to fan outrage over dumping Kari Byron