Seduction. Solidarity. Suspicion. Swagger. Stolen goods. Secret twins and… spirits distilled in the basement? The last two weeks have served up some tear-inducing moments, both of the so-sad variety (goodbye, Chuck!) and of the laugh-’til-you-cry ilk (hello, Jess and Nick almost-kiss on New Girl that we never would have seen coming!). Our favorite TV shows have featured a man on fire (How I Met Your Mother), an elaborate group waltz (The Vampire Diaries), a winner-take-all footrace between elementary school children (Raising Hope), and a long-awaited vindication (The Good Wife). And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, show tunes fans. We’ve also got musical moments from Revenge, The Lying Game, Royal Pains, The Secret Circle, and Ringer. Check out our picks below. (Warning for those still catching up on DVR: SPOILERS ahead!) READ FULL STORY
Tag: Theophilus London (1-2 of 2)
Last week a collection of New York City’s cool kids—a mixed bunch who take pride in being early adopters and claiming new talents before the masses hear of them—packed Webster Hall’s basement to see Theophilus London perform for MTV’s Live In NYC series (airing on MTV.com April 5).
Coming off a slew of performances at Texas’ South by Southwest festival, the Brooklyn, NY native (No, he’s not from London), rocked the crowd with his collection of mixtape bangers and a few gems like “Flying Overseas” from his recent EP, Lovers Holiday.
The progressive rapper and sometime singer is popular among a growing audience, but far from a celebrity. Although the video he released last night for Holiday‘s lead single, “Why Even Try,” suggests that he sees Lady Gaga-level paparazzi attention in his future.
In it, London tries to spend some quality time with his lady friend, but can’t shake fans and camera crews trying to get a piece of him. As soon as he steps outside, his every step is monitored by aptly named station TL-TV.
Similar to a lot pop stars, he both enjoys and hates the cameras–hosting a web show with friends, then fighting a overzealous paparazzo on the sidewalk. Guess he’s going to have to start being mindful of where he eats in a restaurant (No window seats!) and chill out with the public displays of affection.
Check out the video:
Latest Videos in Music
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
Top 5 Most Read
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more