Seduction. Solidarity. Suspicion. Swagger. Stolen goods. Secret twins and… spirits distilled in the basement? The last two weeks have served up some tear-inducing moments, both of the so-sad variety (goodbye, Chuck!) and of the laugh-’til-you-cry ilk (hello, Jess and Nick almost-kiss on New Girl that we never would have seen coming!). Our favorite TV shows have featured a man on fire (How I Met Your Mother), an elaborate group waltz (The Vampire Diaries), a winner-take-all footrace between elementary school children (Raising Hope), and a long-awaited vindication (The Good Wife). And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, show tunes fans. We’ve also got musical moments from Revenge, The Lying Game, Royal Pains, The Secret Circle, and Ringer. Check out our picks below. (Warning for those still catching up on DVR: SPOILERS ahead!) READ FULL STORY
Tag: Theophilus London (1-2 of 2)
Last week a collection of New York City’s cool kids—a mixed bunch who take pride in being early adopters and claiming new talents before the masses hear of them—packed Webster Hall’s basement to see Theophilus London perform for MTV’s Live In NYC series (airing on MTV.com April 5).
Coming off a slew of performances at Texas’ South by Southwest festival, the Brooklyn, NY native (No, he’s not from London), rocked the crowd with his collection of mixtape bangers and a few gems like “Flying Overseas” from his recent EP, Lovers Holiday.
The progressive rapper and sometime singer is popular among a growing audience, but far from a celebrity. Although the video he released last night for Holiday‘s lead single, “Why Even Try,” suggests that he sees Lady Gaga-level paparazzi attention in his future.
In it, London tries to spend some quality time with his lady friend, but can’t shake fans and camera crews trying to get a piece of him. As soon as he steps outside, his every step is monitored by aptly named station TL-TV.
Similar to a lot pop stars, he both enjoys and hates the cameras–hosting a web show with friends, then fighting a overzealous paparazzo on the sidewalk. Guess he’s going to have to start being mindful of where he eats in a restaurant (No window seats!) and chill out with the public displays of affection.
Check out the video:
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany 'high octane' promise
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…