Seduction. Solidarity. Suspicion. Swagger. Stolen goods. Secret twins and… spirits distilled in the basement? The last two weeks have served up some tear-inducing moments, both of the so-sad variety (goodbye, Chuck!) and of the laugh-’til-you-cry ilk (hello, Jess and Nick almost-kiss on New Girl that we never would have seen coming!). Our favorite TV shows have featured a man on fire (How I Met Your Mother), an elaborate group waltz (The Vampire Diaries), a winner-take-all footrace between elementary school children (Raising Hope), and a long-awaited vindication (The Good Wife). And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, show tunes fans. We’ve also got musical moments from Revenge, The Lying Game, Royal Pains, The Secret Circle, and Ringer. Check out our picks below. (Warning for those still catching up on DVR: SPOILERS ahead!) READ FULL STORY
Tag: Theophilus London (1-2 of 2)
Last week a collection of New York City’s cool kids—a mixed bunch who take pride in being early adopters and claiming new talents before the masses hear of them—packed Webster Hall’s basement to see Theophilus London perform for MTV’s Live In NYC series (airing on MTV.com April 5).
Coming off a slew of performances at Texas’ South by Southwest festival, the Brooklyn, NY native (No, he’s not from London), rocked the crowd with his collection of mixtape bangers and a few gems like “Flying Overseas” from his recent EP, Lovers Holiday.
The progressive rapper and sometime singer is popular among a growing audience, but far from a celebrity. Although the video he released last night for Holiday‘s lead single, “Why Even Try,” suggests that he sees Lady Gaga-level paparazzi attention in his future.
In it, London tries to spend some quality time with his lady friend, but can’t shake fans and camera crews trying to get a piece of him. As soon as he steps outside, his every step is monitored by aptly named station TL-TV.
Similar to a lot pop stars, he both enjoys and hates the cameras–hosting a web show with friends, then fighting a overzealous paparazzo on the sidewalk. Guess he’s going to have to start being mindful of where he eats in a restaurant (No window seats!) and chill out with the public displays of affection.
Check out the video:
Latest Videos in Music
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Big Brother'; 'Project Runway': TV recaps
- 'Parks and Rec' gag reel: Don't miss your chance to see Ron Swanson dance
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Criminal Minds' plans tribute to Meshach Taylor
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 13 tell-tale signs it's from Frank Miller
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'