Chris Brown and Trey Songz are reuniting for a U.S. tour, a decade after their college tour in 2005.
Tag: Trey Songz (1-3 of 3)
When five members of New Edition walked out onto the Superdome stage to close out the Saturday night show of the Essence Music Festival, some fans in the audience questioned the whereabouts of the group’s most famous member. Ronnie DeVoe, Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, Ralph Tresvant, and Johnny Gill, dressed in their matching gray suits, launched into the group’s early hits and fans were right there with them. But the nostalgia party really got started when Bobby Brown strutted out, jacket in hand and slung over his shoulder. The six singers stuck to their well known canon of hits like “Candy Girl,” “Mr. Telephone Man,” “Poison,” and “My Prerogative” while doing the kind of choreographed dancing that helped make them famous 30 years ago.
READ FULL STORY
Last week, Maroon 5 made waves when they pushed not one but two of their singles into the Top 10 of the Hot 100. This week, current pop princess Carly Rae Jepsen did the same thing.
Not only is Jepsen’s unstoppable hit “Call Me Maybe” still refusing to hang up — though it did drop from No. 4 to No. 6 — her Owl City collaboration “Good Time” also jumped from No. 13 to No. 9 in its ninth week on the chart.
According to Billboard, “Good Time” had a pretty great week; the song was the top Streaming Gainer and rose into the Top 10 of the On-Demand chart. It also increased by 10 percent at radio and by 13 percent on the Digital Songs chart, as the beachy hit sold an additional 144,000 downloads, which lifted its sales total right past the 1 million mark.
We’ll find out if “Good Time” gives Jepsen (who is the first female artist since Ke$ha to take her first two singles to the Top 10) that elusive second No. 1 in the weeks to come, but for now, let’s check the week’s other chart winners and losers: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Pan' First Look: Hugh Jackman as villain pirate...but don't call him Hook
- American Music Awards 2014: Your take on Taylor Swift, J.Lo, more highs/lows?
- American Music Awards '14: We grade the performances
- American Music Awards 2014: 'Booty' gets buzz for J.Lo and Iggy
- American Music Awards 2014 style: What the stars wore
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Crossed'
- James Franco has 'All the Time' in smartphone ad; we have full version video of Bahamas song here
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'