HBO has announced that Beyoncé, who released her documentary Life Is But A Dream on HBO in February 2013, will return to the network for a series of four-minute excerpts from her Mrs. Carter World Tour. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the series, titled Beyoncé: X10, will air segments on Sunday evenings at 8:55 ET/PT, leading into the seventh and final season of True Blood, which airs immediately after.
Tag: True Blood (1-6 of 6)
Two of the South’s best exports — the Grammy-nominated rockers Alabama Shakes and the Lousiana-set vampires-and-fairies saga True Blood now have one more thing in common: They’ve joined forces for the fourth True Blood soundtrack, out next week.
True Blood Volume 4 will feature new and previously released cuts from such cool cats as the Flaming Lips, My Morning Jacket, and Iggy Pop with Best Coast’s Beth Cosentino. Also on the lineup: a rootsy track called “Pocket Change” from the Brittany Howard-led Shakes, which you can hear exclusively here.
The record will be the first in the series to be released in vinyl, but that won’t happen till mid-June. In the meantime, you can pre-order the CD version here, or, if you’re new-fashioned, reserve a digital copy from iTunes here.
But for now, get a preview of the album by giving “Pocket Change” a listen in our exclusive player below:
The courtly True Blood vamp, who’s expecting twins with costar Anna Paquin, will also do double duty on the show, directing his first episode July 29.
But when he’s not fighting for Sookie and the fate of the empire, Moyer spends his time listening to raspy-voiced troubadours, genteel indie folkies, and bath-time anthems. Check out what the British actor likes to jam out to below:
This is a pretty strange story, even by True Blood‘s standards.
Influential Los Angeles radio station KCRW premiered a new collaboration between famed Detroit protopunk Iggy Pop and Best Coast’s Spin covergirl Bethany Cosentino called “Let’s Boot and Rally.”
The new cut’s snaking guitars and Cali surf-rock vibes strike an interesting balance between the two artists’ respective styles, though given Best Coast’s recent taste for the subdued melancholy, the song tilts toward Iggy.
What really makes it intriguing, though, is that the song was co-written by KCRW DJ and True Blood music supervisor Gary Calamar and composer James Combs — plus the fact that it will be featured in the HBO program this Sunday.
“Each episode is named after a song that is used in that show. We had a situation where we had an episode called ‘Boot and Rally’ but we really didn’t have a song that was True Bloody enough to use. What to do. Should we change the title of the episode? I suggested that maybe we can have someone write a new song called ‘Boot and Rally’…..Everyone agreed to give it a try and I started brainstorming.”
Los Angeles public radio station KCRW has always been a haven of good taste — the influential show Morning Becomes Eclectic was the first to play artists like Beck and Gotye in the U.S.– but recently they’ve let a few celebs take their turn at playing DJ.
Among the latest to share their favorite songs with Angelenos on the stations’ Guest DJ Project are three of the stars of HBO’s True Blood: Joe Manganiello, Sam Trammell, and Alexander Skarsgard.
The werewolf/shapeshifter/vampire trio have as different tastes in music as their alteregos have appetites: Manganiello favors electro-pop tracks like M83’s “Steve McQueen,” while Trammel goes for classics like R.E.M.’s “Radio Free Europe,” and Skarsgard mixes in some of his Scandinavian heritage with Ebba Gron’s 800.
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' review: Working too hard for too little payoff
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- Thanksgiving family movie nights: Our most awkward choices...and yours?
- Jennifer Aniston plays 'Horrible' prank on BBC DJ
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Alfonso Ribeiro claims the mirrorball trophy
- Netflix additions for December include 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- Jack O'Connell's other role on 'Unbroken' set: Naked pizza delivery man
Top 5 Most Read
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'The Voice' recap: Meet the Top 8