Saturday Night Live star Vanessa Bayer already has a talk show, the web series Sound Advice where she gives hilariously bad advice to successful musicians. But in Haim’s latest music video for “My Song 5,” she has a whole new talk show: This one is Jerry Springer-style, featuring guests ranging from the cat-obsessed Kesha to the cotton ball-phobic Artemis Pebdani.
Tag: Vanessa Bayer (1-2 of 2)
Image consultant Janessa Slater thinks that Bastille is a boy band, she’s pretty sure that Tegan and Sara should switch names, and when Drake says he started from the bottom and now his whole team’s here, she wants to know whether his whole team really is here.
Vanessa Bayer, who plays Janessa on the web series Sound Advice, knows a lot more about music than Janessa ever would. Her older brother Jonah, who helps write and put together the series, is a successful music journalist, and Vanessa recalled following him to concerts (and being a little overshadowed by her cool older brother). Bayer has now been performing on Saturday Night Live for four years, and she talked with EW about her favorite kinds of characters, what Sound Advice has in common with Millionaire Matchmaker, and why she doesn’t want to meet a real-life Janessa (okay, she sort of does).
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'Gotham'; 'Originals'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
- Taylor Swift's 'Welcome to New York' arrives