Nearly a year after VH1 renewed Gotti’s Way for a second season, Murder Inc. CEO Irv Gotti‘s popular reality show remains on hiatus. Season 2 was expected to premiere last spring but it has yet to hit the airwaves. It’s unlikely that the delay has anything to do with ratings. The first season, which wrapped on Dec. 3, averaged 1.7 million viewers a week — a hit by VH1 standards. So, what’s up with season 2? A source close to the show tells me, "The second season is done and in the can. Looks like [it will premiere at the] end of January, but we’re still waiting on the final date." No word yet on what viewers can expect to see, but I suspect it will focus less on Gotti’s music career (by now, he must know that a big comeback probably isn’t in Ja Rule‘s future) and more on his unorthodox family values, kind of like a younger, hipper version of MTV’s Run’s House.
Season 2 of VH1's 'Gotti's Way' due in 2009
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'Arrow' First Look: Colton Haynes as Arsenal
- Comic-Con 2014: Doc Jensen's picks
- Comic-Con '14: 8 buzzworthy TV panels
- Comic-Con '14: 10 hot movies in San Diego
- Comic-Con '14: Spotlight on comics/videogames
- 'Big Brother' recap: Goal oriented