So many artists of a certain age have taken to performing classic albums start-to-finish in concert lately that it's starting to feel almost more impressive when someone just books a regular old non-gimmick tour instead. Even I'm not cynical enough to ignore today's exciting news from the Pixies camp, though. This October, the brilliant weirdos will hit Europe to play 1989's Doolittle in its entirety at a series of shows, just in time for the album's 20th anniversary. Any show with either "Here Comes Your Man" or "Monkey Gone to Heaven" alone in the set list is going to be pretty sweet, but one with both of those plus "Debaser," "Gouge Away," and every other song from the awesome Doolittle? Too cool. I sure hope the Doolittle tour does well enough to justify some U.S. dates along similar lines. Anyone else eager to see this?
Jun 29 2009 05:39 PM ET
Pixies plan 'Doolittle' tour
- 'Veronica Mars': Max Greenfield's in
- 'Voice': Danielle Bradbery wins season 4
- Blake Shelton on Danielle 'Voice' win
- Slim Whitman, singer in TV ads, dies
- 'Man of Steel' guys talk THAT ending
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- Miley Cyrus all-nighter in 'We Can't Stop'
- 'Big Brother': Two twists for new season