Arcade Fire, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Cee Lo Green were among the acts honored on Tuesday night at the 2011 Brit Awards, held at London’s O2 Arena. Arcade Fire — surprise winners of Album of the Year (The Suburbs) at Sunday’s Grammys – took home two trophies, for International Album and International Group. Rihanna claimed the award for Best International Female Star, Cee Lo Green was named International Male Solo Artist, and Justin Bieber, who said he was “disappointed” that he didn’t win Best New Artist at the Grammys, triumphed in the International Breakthrough Act category. British acts Mumford & Sons, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, and Take That also took home awards.
Justin Bieber, Arcade Fire winners at Brit Awards
Latest Videos in Music
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss talks THAT killer twist
- 'Scandal': Kerry Washington and costars on midseason finale shocker
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Scandal'; 'Grey's Anatomy'; 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Gracepoint'; more TV recaps
- 'Parenthood'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; 'Project Runway All-Stars'; more TV recaps
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'Cups' returns in 'Pitch Perfect 2' trailer
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' does Nirvana: Watch Evan Peters sing 'Come As You Are'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Jimmy Smits talks Nero's heartbreaking scenes
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' recap: 'Kill Me, Kill Me, Kill Me'
- AMC to debut 'Better Call Saul' with two-night event
- 'AHS: Freak Show' Exclusive: Watch Evan Peters perform Nirvana's 'Come As You Are'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' star Jimmy Smits talks Nero's heartbreaking scenes
- 'Scandal' postmortem: What's next after the shocking disappearance?