Arcade Fire, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Cee Lo Green were among the acts honored on Tuesday night at the 2011 Brit Awards, held at London’s O2 Arena. Arcade Fire — surprise winners of Album of the Year (The Suburbs) at Sunday’s Grammys — took home two trophies, for International Album and International Group. Rihanna claimed the award for Best International Female Star, Cee Lo Green was named International Male Solo Artist, and Justin Bieber, who said he was “disappointed” that he didn’t win Best New Artist at the Grammys, triumphed in the International Breakthrough Act category. British acts Mumford & Sons, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, and Take That also took home awards.
Justin Bieber, Arcade Fire winners at Brit Awards
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Terminator: Genisys': What we saw on the set--and hints on new twists
- 'Party Down South 2' trailer: No sleep 'til Biloxi
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7, reportedly with huge raises
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 2'
- 'Survivor' recap: The price of rice is right?
- Jim Carrey nails McConaughey voice again: 'All I gotta do is let go of the illusion that I exist'
- Spider-Man fans, take a good long look at Marvel's latest Summer '15 teaser
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst and an exclusive deleted scene
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features