Arcade Fire, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Cee Lo Green were among the acts honored on Tuesday night at the 2011 Brit Awards, held at London’s O2 Arena. Arcade Fire — surprise winners of Album of the Year (The Suburbs) at Sunday’s Grammys — took home two trophies, for International Album and International Group. Rihanna claimed the award for Best International Female Star, Cee Lo Green was named International Male Solo Artist, and Justin Bieber, who said he was “disappointed” that he didn’t win Best New Artist at the Grammys, triumphed in the International Breakthrough Act category. British acts Mumford & Sons, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, and Take That also took home awards.
Justin Bieber, Arcade Fire winners at Brit Awards
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Star Wars' trailer geek out: Secrets stuffed into those 88 seconds?
- 'Star Wars': 7 most important things we learned from first trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer is here
- Angelina Jolie's 'Unbroken' promise to tell Louis Zamperini's story: 'His life is so big'
- 'Real World' alum Ryan Knight dies at 29
- 'Once Upon a Time' preview: Storybrooke braces for the Spell of Shattered Sight
- 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'Agents of SHIELD,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops