Arcade Fire, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Cee Lo Green were among the acts honored on Tuesday night at the 2011 Brit Awards, held at London’s O2 Arena. Arcade Fire — surprise winners of Album of the Year (The Suburbs) at Sunday’s Grammys — took home two trophies, for International Album and International Group. Rihanna claimed the award for Best International Female Star, Cee Lo Green was named International Male Solo Artist, and Justin Bieber, who said he was “disappointed” that he didn’t win Best New Artist at the Grammys, triumphed in the International Breakthrough Act category. British acts Mumford & Sons, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, and Take That also took home awards.
Justin Bieber, Arcade Fire winners at Brit Awards
Latest Videos in Music
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead' cast reveals how they'd like their characters to die
Top 5 Most Read
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher?