Arcade Fire, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Cee Lo Green were among the acts honored on Tuesday night at the 2011 Brit Awards, held at London’s O2 Arena. Arcade Fire — surprise winners of Album of the Year (The Suburbs) at Sunday’s Grammys – took home two trophies, for International Album and International Group. Rihanna claimed the award for Best International Female Star, Cee Lo Green was named International Male Solo Artist, and Justin Bieber, who said he was “disappointed” that he didn’t win Best New Artist at the Grammys, triumphed in the International Breakthrough Act category. British acts Mumford & Sons, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, and Take That also took home awards.
Justin Bieber, Arcade Fire winners at Brit Awards
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Scandal' scores its highest-rated season finale
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Orphan Black': Creators' secrets from the set
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- Alice Cooper: Welcome to his nightmare (at Tribeca)
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…