Arcade Fire, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Cee Lo Green were among the acts honored on Tuesday night at the 2011 Brit Awards, held at London’s O2 Arena. Arcade Fire — surprise winners of Album of the Year (The Suburbs) at Sunday’s Grammys – took home two trophies, for International Album and International Group. Rihanna claimed the award for Best International Female Star, Cee Lo Green was named International Male Solo Artist, and Justin Bieber, who said he was “disappointed” that he didn’t win Best New Artist at the Grammys, triumphed in the International Breakthrough Act category. British acts Mumford & Sons, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, and Take That also took home awards.
Justin Bieber, Arcade Fire winners at Brit Awards
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Brick Mansions': EW movie review
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2': Pleased to meet...Electro?
- Bryan Singer statement on abuse claims
- 'Mentalist' being shopped to networks outside CBS
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Parks and Rec': 9 hints about season finale
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday': Master of disguise?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 680
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 527
- The Spy Who Shacked Me 489
- Slaves to Love 512
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 387
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!