Arcade Fire, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Cee Lo Green were among the acts honored on Tuesday night at the 2011 Brit Awards, held at London’s O2 Arena. Arcade Fire — surprise winners of Album of the Year (The Suburbs) at Sunday’s Grammys — took home two trophies, for International Album and International Group. Rihanna claimed the award for Best International Female Star, Cee Lo Green was named International Male Solo Artist, and Justin Bieber, who said he was “disappointed” that he didn’t win Best New Artist at the Grammys, triumphed in the International Breakthrough Act category. British acts Mumford & Sons, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, and Take That also took home awards.
Justin Bieber, Arcade Fire winners at Brit Awards
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
Top 5 Most Read
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes