Arcade Fire, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Cee Lo Green were among the acts honored on Tuesday night at the 2011 Brit Awards, held at London’s O2 Arena. Arcade Fire — surprise winners of Album of the Year (The Suburbs) at Sunday’s Grammys — took home two trophies, for International Album and International Group. Rihanna claimed the award for Best International Female Star, Cee Lo Green was named International Male Solo Artist, and Justin Bieber, who said he was “disappointed” that he didn’t win Best New Artist at the Grammys, triumphed in the International Breakthrough Act category. British acts Mumford & Sons, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, and Take That also took home awards.
Justin Bieber, Arcade Fire winners at Brit Awards
Latest Videos in Music
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Comic-book collecting: What draws you to it?
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'