Arcade Fire, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Cee Lo Green were among the acts honored on Tuesday night at the 2011 Brit Awards, held at London’s O2 Arena. Arcade Fire — surprise winners of Album of the Year (The Suburbs) at Sunday’s Grammys – took home two trophies, for International Album and International Group. Rihanna claimed the award for Best International Female Star, Cee Lo Green was named International Male Solo Artist, and Justin Bieber, who said he was “disappointed” that he didn’t win Best New Artist at the Grammys, triumphed in the International Breakthrough Act category. British acts Mumford & Sons, Tinie Tempah, Plan B, and Take That also took home awards.
Justin Bieber, Arcade Fire winners at Brit Awards
- 'Sherlock' season 3: 10 new photos
- 'Mob City': 18 stylish shots
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- 'Mob City': What to expect
- Frank Darabont: Back from the 'Dead'
- 'Naked and Afraid' (and awkward!)
- Tom Everett Scott joins 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 681
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 394
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 356
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' casts Marcia Gay Harden as Christian Grey's mother
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- Gal Gadot to star as Wonder Woman in 'Batman Vs. Superman'
- 'American Horror Story': Watch Cordelia and the 'Coven' plot Fiona's murder -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: You are My Sunshine