Did we need further evidence that this has been Adele’s year sales-wise? Probably not. But for the benefit of anyone still debating the matter, iTunes has just announced that the British singer’s track “Rolling in the Deep” was the year’s top downloaded song while its parent album, 21, was 2011′s most popular collection. iTunes also named Adele its Artist of the Year.
21 was followed on the album list by Mumford & Sons’ Sigh No More and Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter IV. LMFAO claimed second place on the singles list with “Party Rock Anthem” while Katy Perry’s “Firework” was third.
Find iTunes’ top ten best-selling songs and albums of 2011 below:
1. “Rolling in the Deep,” Adele
2. “Party Rock Anthem,” (feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock) LMFAO
3. “Firework,” Katy Perry
4. “Grenade,” Bruno Mars
5. “Forget You,” Cee-Lo Green
6. “Give Me Everything,” (feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer) Pitbull
7. “E.T.,” (feat. Kanye West) Katy Perry
8. “Moves Like Jagger,” (studio recording from “The Voice”
feat. Christina Aguilera) Maroon 5
9. “Pumped Up Kicks,” Foster the People
10. “Super Bass,” Nicki Minaj
1. 21, Adele
2. Sigh No More, Mumford & Sons
3. Tha Carter IV, (deluxe edition) Lil Wayne
4. Watch the Throne, (deluxe edition) Kanye West, Jay Z
5. Mylo Xyloto, Coldplay
6. Born This Way, (bonus track version) Lady Gaga
7. Loud, Rihanna
8. Take Care, (deluxe version) Drake
9. Teenage Dream, Katy Perry
10. Doo-Wops & Hooligans, (deluxe version) Bruno Mars
Adele or Faux-dele? Watch the singer’s doppelganger in new ‘Set Fire to the Rain’ video
This Week’s Cover: Our Entertainers of the Year!
Because she ruled everything else this year: Adele is now tweeting!