Not too long ago, the most coveted soundtrack slot was for a series of movies about a sullen teenage girl who really wanted to marry a boring vampire. But artists both indie and mainstream are now clamoring for spots attached to the new cool YA franchise (with a way more badass girl at the helm).
Catching Fire, the latest film in The Hunger Games series, has already seen its soundtrack album set in motion with a lead single, Coldplay’s “Atlas,” and now the full tracklisting has been revealed — including new songs from the Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, Lorde, The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons, and Ellie Goulding.
Also on the roster? Former genie in a bottle and current Voice coach Christina Aguilera, who announced via Twitter that she has recorded a brand new song called “We Remain” specifically for Catching Fire:
“Love the underlying message of the Hunger Games,” she wrote. “‘We Remain’ is special new song, its message to my fans & how I connect w/ the movie, alike.”
Find the full tracklisting after the jump:
1. “Atlas” – Coldplay
2. “Silhouettes” – Of Monsters and Men
3. “Elastic Heart” – Sia (ft. The Weeknd & Diplo)
4. “Lean” – The National
5. “We Remain” – Christina Aguilera
6. “Devil May Cry” – The Weeknd
7. “Who We Are” – Imagine Dragons
8. “Everybody Wants To Rule The World” – Lorde
9. “Gale Song” – The Lumineers
10. “Mirrors” – Ellie Goulding
11. “Capital Letter” – Patti Smith
12. “Shooting Arrows At The Sky” – Santigold
13. “Place For Us” – Mikky Ekko
14. “Lights” – Phantogram
15. “Angel On Fire” – Antony and the Johnsons
Catching Fire will hit cinemas on November 22, with the soundtrack arriving digitally several days earlier on the 19th (preorder here).
The first Hunger Games album was certified gold and went on to become the best-selling soundtrack of 2012, partly due to the Taylor Swift/Civil Wars single “Safe & Sound.”
This compilation looks like it’ll be a little more pop-focused than the last, which is probably due to music supervisor Alexandra Patsavas replacing Hunger Games overseer T Bone Burnett. What’s Patsavas best known for? Putting together the Twilight soundtracks.