Lifetime unveiled the trailer for their upcoming Aaliyah biopic and it has fans of the late R&B star going nuts, but probably not for the reasons the network was hoping. It’s not even the cornball dialogue and stale storytelling that people have a problem with—this is a Lifetime movie about a pop star, so a scene where a record producer leans back in his chair and declares that “she’s gonna be huge” is to be expected. The issue that fans have with it is that the trailer’s soundtrack is Iggy Azalea’s “Goddess.”
Tag: Biopics (1-3 of 3)
Jimi Hendrix’s estate has a message for Andre 3000’s Hendrix movie: not so fast!
The estate has expressed their disapproval for the Hendrix biopic All Is by My Side, which had cast the OutKast rapper to play the lead role and had reportedly begun preproduction this week.
The movie hoped to depict Hendrix’s time in England circa 1966-67, around the time when he recorded his guitar epic Are You Experienced? Yet the guitar god’s estate has other ideas, as their following statement indicates:
We’d discussed it a long, long time ago, but now it’s finally happening.
Andre 3000 is set to play Jimi Hendrix in an upcoming biopic called All Is by My Side, the Irish Film and Television Network reported today. (Reps for Andre 3000 did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment.)
The movie, which has reportedly already begun preproduction in Ireland, will be written and directed by John Ridley (Three Kings, U Turn) and shadow Hendrix’s 1966-67 stint in England, during which the guitar hero produced his now-classic album Are You Experienced?
Latest Videos in Music
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying